Windows 7 Can't install Windows 7

SassleFrassle

Version: ¤ Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)
I got it for free from my college. It seems to not want to work. (Clean install)

When I try launching "Setup.exe" by extracting the ISO, I get the following error:
The application or DLL L:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

The file 'autorun.dll ' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xC1].
So I figure it needed to be booted, so I used PowerISO to make a virtual CD, and that is where the L came from up above. I put it on a Flash Drive and after making that bootable, it loads a bit. I get to the first couple of screens, then I see:

A required CD/DCD drive device driver is missing. Blah blah... enter a CD/DVD/Flash Drive...
-- I got lazy, sorry. I hit Okay on that and it brings me to the device selection... but there is no hard drive.

I don't have any DVDRs, and didn't think I'd HAVE to use any, so...

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then hit OK.
In Disk Management, Drive 0 (C:/) is there, and is partitioned into D, the recovery stuff.
The iso is 1.76GB after the second download. I am wondering if maybe it didn't download correctly or something--but I left the download up from 1a-8a and I think it should have been fine...

This computer is Windows XP Media Center. AMD Athlon 64 x2 DUal Core Processor 5000+, Speed 2600 mHz. 320(ish)GB HD. HP Media Center m7640n. I also tried to update the BIOS, and after doing that, it didn't work either.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated,
Thanks,
Joe

I hope you still have the original ISO image file. The ISO file you downloaded is too small, it should be about 2.7GB or so.

Download it from here: [FONT=&quot]32-bit Windows 7 Professional x86 ISO[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Link Removed due to 404 Error[/FONT]

Save it to a folder of your choosing and the burn it to a DVD. You need to BURN it to a blank DVD using ImgBurn or PowerISO. Burn it a 4X speed so you won't get any burn errors and have the burning program verify the burned disc against the original ISO image file.

Setup your computer to have the DVD Drive as the first boot device and then boot up with the disc in the drive. You'll see a prompt: "Press and key to boot from CD/DVD drive" do that quickly and then the install begins. It's best to do a clean install since the upgrade installs have been giving people some issues.

You can't do it from a virtual drive, it can be done from a USB drive but I can't advise you on that. It takes some extra software and is not that reliable from what I've heard.

Surely you have a friend or someone you can get a blank DVD disc from right? Skip the pizza one night and go to walmart or target and get a 10 pack of DVDs for around 8-10 dollars.

Last edited:
Back