Windows 7 Can't make internet downloads

hugh3

Since reinstalling windows 7 upgrade I am unable to download files from the internet. Neither IE nor Firefox work. When I click on "save" option for file I wish to download, nothing happens. Someone told me that this is something to do with "permissions", but didn't elaborate. Anyone know how I can fix this? I am using Win 7 Home Premium (upgrade from Vista). I have KIS 2011 installed.

Even the free scan offered on this page for Registry Booster cannot be saved. Otherwise all internet and other activity seems normal.

Thanks
Hugh

Last edited:
1. Are you able to save files to the desktop?
2. Are you running any other security software?

Check if downloads are enabled in Internet Explorer by going to Tools, Internet Options, then go to the Security tab of Internet Options, ensure the Internet Zone is selected and click the Custom Level button. On the Security Settings screen, locate the File Download under the Downloads section in the list and make sure it is set to Enable.

Tell us how it went.

I have followed the instructions for IE as instructed and - I was able to download the .exe file I have been trying for the past few days. I now need instructions for firefox which is my default browser - I hope that's not too cheeky! Things aren't quite normal though - normally before when I downloaded files they went into the "downloads" folder. That doesn't seem to be happening now. That's not too critical .

I recently ran Malwarebytes security software which returned no threats. Should I get rid of it from my system? I think my problems stemmed from reinstalling Windows 7 HP upgrade but I can't be sure.

Thanks for your help so far.

Hugh

Back
Top Bottom