Can't paste into this forum?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

For the last few days I've noticed that I can't paste into this forum.

If I need to copy something here, I have to copy and paste it into Microsoft Word, then drag it from Word to the message window.

I've tried using both Ctrl, C, V and the right click Copy, Paste options.

I don't think I'm seeing this anyplace else, i.e. I don't have any problem copying and pasting into Word from the web.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

For the last few days I've noticed that I can't paste into this forum.

I just tried it and it works for me...try refreshing the page by ctrl F5 or if that doesn't work try logging off and back on.

I just tried it and it works for me...try refreshing the page by ctrl F5 or if that doesn't work try logging off and back on.
Copied the above from bass fisher's post, and the one below from another forum.

Installation, Setup and Upgrades
Help with installing or upgrading Windows 8

Copied the above from bass fisher's post, and the one below from another forum.

Hi

I just copied the above by dragging it from the post above, but when I try and copy and paste it nothing happens.
Either using Ctrl C or the right click menu.

I can however, copy and paste it into Word.

I couldn't paste this text into the Windows 7 forum either, but I could paste the same text into the Poser and PCMech forum as well as in Word.

Weird!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
"I just copied the above by dragging it from the post above, but when I try and copy and paste it nothing happens.
Either using Ctrl C or the right click menu."

Copy/Paste works for me too, Mike.

Maybe you could try changing the skin, and see if it makes a difference? I doubt it, but Mike can maybe advise on that.

Hi

I figured it out, (I think for the second time, I think I went through this before) it all has to do with how the Editor Mode is set in the upper left corner of the compose window.

I think it has to be in the Source mode.

It's working now.

It's working now.

It's working now.

Mike

Back