Windows 7 cant print anything

sillyshy

Whenever trying to print something to my Kodak 5300 the app crashes how can I print something using different driver?

Sounds like a driver issue.. If you've already tried the latest available Windows Vista driver for your printer and any Windows 7 specific drivers that may have already been released for it and they aren't working then your just going to have to wait until another Windows 7 driver or a fix is released from the manufacturer.. ;) Remember, Windows 7 is still only in RC stage's, meaning there will be some devices that no matter what you try they just aren't going to work yet.. :)

Whenever trying to print something to my Kodak 5300 the app crashes how can I print something using different driver?

As Radenight said use the latest VISTA driver. There is a 2009 Jan VISTA driver at Kodak Support site and it should work. Download and save it to a Named folder on the Desktop or Download folder.
  1. Uninstall the Printer through Control panel
  2. Disconnect the USB cable of the Printer from the PC
  3. Don't turn off Power of Printer
  4. Install the New driver downloaded and saved to the Desktop/Downloads.
  5. Connect the Printer's USB cable to Computer's USB port when Instructed on the monitor screen
  6. Print a Test Page for printer and test other functions.
  7. You may install same software in the Computers wanting to share this printer through the Homenetwork

The Vista drivers from Jan 2009 (or earlier) do not work in Win 7. This doesn't seem to have changed in 7100. The driver will install fine, but will crash the print spooler when you try to print anything. I have not been able to get any combination of compatibility mode to work unfortunately. Kodak is aware of the issue and they are releasing Win 7 Drivers soon.

Back