Windows 10 Can't reach main c:drive

These executables can't be used by double-clicking. Open a Command Prompt as administrator and use these commands:
cd C:\Open Sea Chest (correct the path if necessary)
OpenSeaChest_SMART --shortDST --poll -d PD2

i get this message note the gpt partition style is not recognized by all previous versions of windows .
Yes, that's just a cautionary statement saying to format in MBR if you want it recognizable on Windows XP and earlier. If you don't use Windows XP, you should format it with GPT. If it's being used as a Windows OS disk on a UEFI computer, or if it's above 2TB in total capacity, it should be formatted in GPT. Anyways, this isn't relevant to the I/O Device Error topic, as this isn't an error, and the I/O error isn't about GPT or MBR in particular.

How will i change the drive letter , maybe that will help
It won't change anything, because there is no drive letter until it is formatted. A letter is actually a volume letter, not a drive letter. Drives are numbered, as shown by Task Manager (Disk 0, Disk 1, Disk 2). Letters are for filesystems, which are guests to partitions, which in turn are just guests to an entire disk. The filesystem type, or even the partitioning scheme (MBR/GPT), will have no effect on I/O Device Errors while formatting the disk in entirety.

Can you make that a bit simper . Thank you
I made it simpler. Extract the ZIP. Right-click this CMD file and choose Run as Administrator, and a series of openSeaChest tests will be performed without any command line intervention. A popup notification will be displayed when the results are available, so you won't need to look at the Command Prompt.

Attachments

• openSeaChest_AutomaticLong_HDD2.zip
    712 bytes · Views: 58
Thanks it says disk 2 is defective , but which drive is disk 2 i stopped using this drive because it was dodgy . Its not showing , tried again same result . The drive is showing that time

Attachments

• Defective.PNG
    Defective.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Not showing.PNG
    Not showing.PNG
    170.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Its showing now.PNG
    Its showing now.PNG
    99 KB · Views: 67
  • Defective.PNG
    Defective.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Not showing.PNG
    Not showing.PNG
    170.9 KB · Views: 65
I'v been on well over an hour starting my pc , first i got scanning and repairing drive c 100% then lets finish setting up your device .

Attachments

• lets finish.PNG
    lets finish.PNG
    501.8 KB · Views: 66
Thanks it says disk 2 is defective , but which drive is disk 2 i stopped using this drive because it was dodgy . Its not showing , tried again same result . The drive is showing that time
It looks to be the false warning because a Disk 2 is not present (the ST10000VN004 likely became a different number). Since openSeaChest incorrectly uses Error Code 3 for unavailable disks, when it is supposed to use Error Code 2 for, there isn't a way to fix this issue in this file. Sorry for such an embarrassingly low-quality experience, speaking of low quality. I should of refrained from posting it, since there isn't a way around that bug. I have not made this simple, and have spilled way too much complexity onto your side. Since SeaTools was able to open, you can try testing the ST10000VN004 from there. By the way, Task Manager shows which numbers refer to which disks.

I'v been on well over an hour starting my pc , first i got scanning and repairing drive c 100% then lets finish setting up your device .
That's the ST8000AS002, not the ST10000VN004.

How will i intialise it with this .
If there are I/O Device Errors, all software on Windows will be the same. The question is if the I/O Errors are caused by the HDD or something else like the cable. It is probably the HDD. What does SeaTools show for the UDMA CRC Error Count (cable errors)? I think it's under Start Tests > Drive Information. Sorry for the runaround.

I started my pc , it started ok . There was no internet i restarted it was on over half an hour starting , i put it off this time it seems ok all i get with this computer these days is vexed .

I tried to initilise with easUS 2 or 3 mins later another error .

Attachments

• Initalise to GPT.PNG
    Initalise to GPT.PNG
    269.3 KB · Views: 60
Just tied again same error , shows 100% complete but theres nothing showing in my pc . I will disconnect this drive and restart in a while .

Surprise , surprise it don't work . When people on here say it's the easiest windows ever , thats shit when you had a choice to turn the windows start up sound on or off and other things like that that was the easiest . There used to be very few web pages , 10 subjects for each webpage . Now theres 1000s of help pages alone

Surprise , surprise it don't work . When people on here say it's the easiest windows ever , thats shit when you had a choice to turn the windows start up sound on or off and other things like that that was the easiest . There used to be very few web pages , 10 subjects for each webpage . Now theres 1000s of help pages alone
Yes, Windows 7 is superior and would have remained leading indefinitely if not for the arbitrary end of support, but how does startup sounds have to do with I/O Device Error? I think this is a Seagate issue, not a Windows 10 issue. Linux would likely have Input/Output Errors as well.

Are there any files on the ST10000VN004 that need to be recovered? If so, it's time to switch focus to that.

How does start-up sounds have to do with I/O Device Error? ,nowt but i have seen people on here mention it .

Back
Top Bottom