Windows 10 Can't remove old document folder located on removed server from Quick Access Menu in Windows

RichardN

In the past, on some of our client machines (Win 10 Pro, latest version), had their user account document folder relocated to the H: location in the home folder for their server side account. We now have changed that model, so that all document folders shall remain local on the local machines and we will create image files routinely for each machine.

Right now though, I have one machine whose user account "document" folder can not be deleted from the Quick Access menu nor can I add the local new document folder I added for that user. I've tried everything I know of. Right clicking for example and selecting remove from QA menu won't work.

If anyone out there can help me correct this mostly "cosmetic" issue, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Solution
To resolve the issue where a user's document folder cannot be removed from the Quick Access menu in Windows 10, you can try the following steps:
1. Remove Folder from Quick Access:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to remove from Quick Access.
- Right-click on the folder and choose "Unpin from Quick access."

2. Clear Quick Access History:
- Open File Explorer.
- In the File Explorer window, click on "View" on the top menu.
- Click on "Options" and then select "Change folder and search options."
- Under the "General" tab, find "Privacy" and click on the "Clear" button next to "Clear File Explorer history."
3. Add the Local Document Folder to Quick Access:
- Locate the...
To resolve the issue where a user's document folder cannot be removed from the Quick Access menu in Windows 10, you can try the following steps:
1. Remove Folder from Quick Access:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to remove from Quick Access.
- Right-click on the folder and choose "Unpin from Quick access."

2. Clear Quick Access History:
- Open File Explorer.
- In the File Explorer window, click on "View" on the top menu.
- Click on "Options" and then select "Change folder and search options."
- Under the "General" tab, find "Privacy" and click on the "Clear" button next to "Clear File Explorer history."
3. Add the Local Document Folder to Quick Access:
- Locate the local Document folder you want to add to Quick Access.
- Right-click on the folder and choose "Pin to Quick access."
4. Reset Quick Access:
- Press Win + R, type %appdata% and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations and delete all the files inside this folder. Do the same for the CustomDestinations folder.
- Restart your computer.
After following these steps, you should be able to remove the unwanted document folder and add the local document folder to the Quick Access menu successfully. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back