Can't restore files Help

Can't restore my files from vista..to 7...have them on external drive i know they are there...used to restore this new dell laptop and it worked fine....installed 7 and followed what help said to do the restore.... no luck...... Problem with zip file? Any ideas?

What program put them there? Some kind of archive or image backup program? If it's just raw files you should be able to directly access them.

oh well

Used windows vista home prem......back up......just like always .....Worked fine every time i used it in vista....just not in 7 :mad::(:confused: Thanks Mike

Used windows vista home prem......back up......just like always .....Worked fine every time i used it in vista....just not in 7 :mad::(:confused: Thanks Mike

Live and learn. I would never put my data in a backup/compressed state that has to rely on 3rd party software to access it. ... nor would I backup to a partition where a partition Table failure would wipe it out.

Hopefully you'll find a utility that can access the archive or image. I'm not sure what state the backup is in.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.