Windows 10 Can't Run .application files

Vetral32

So I try to open .application files in windows 7 laptop and it works and then in details it says its a "clickonce application" meanwhile I try to open it in windows 10 and gives me error: "Application Cannot Be Started Please Contact The Application Vendor" and some people say that ClickOnce is in ".net framework 3.5 service pack 1" so when I try to install it, it doesn't do anything after I open... Fantastic! I've been looking into other forums but no answer ahead! Please Help And Thanks!

You can see if it unpacked and try running the exe directly. It will be in %userprofile%\Local AppData\App\....<some random folder name>\<application.exe>

Not familiar with .application files; are you talking about a specific program? If so, which one? If you're getting that .net framework 3.5 error, that's an indicator that the app your trying to open is out of date and probably can't run on W10. Most apps written for W10 need .net v4 or v5.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Neemobeer I tried looking in local appdata and found no folder of the application I'm trying to run called "techne" and as I said just a second ago bigbearjedi It's called techne for Minecraft Mob Modeling

Error Log

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.10586.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
clr.dll : 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///D:/Techne1.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of D:\Techne1.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from file:///D:/Techne1.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
+ Deployment manifest requires <deployment> section.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [8/14/2016 2:37:48 PM] : Activation of D:\Techne1.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [8/14/2016 2:37:48 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from file:///D:/Techne1.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestSemanticValidation)
- Deployment manifest is not semantically valid.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (InvalidManifest)
- Deployment manifest requires <deployment> section.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSemanticsForDeploymentRole()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Neemobeer I tried looking in local appdata and found no folder of the application I'm trying to run called "techne" and as I said just a second ago bigbearjedi It's called techne for Minecraft Mob Modeling
>>>Must be a laggy refresh problem with the WF site this morning, neemo, there were no other posts except OP original post with no information on what he was running when I posted this comment a bit ago. Both your comments and OP's comments didn't come in until 2 min. ago. Sorry!<<<
BBJ

Got Idea But Not Sure If Will Work

Goto Windows 7 Computer And Find Where EXE Was Downloaded And Put It On My PC With Network

Back