Windows 7 Can't Run XP Applications using Virtual XP Mode in Win 7 RC Build 7100

radhesh

I have installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100(32 Bit) and using XP Mode(download from Microsoft) for running some XP Applications.....
I m having problem using XP mode as Applications installed in Virtual XP is not been shown in Windows 7
i meant that should show the Virtual XP Apps in Windows 7 Start Menu under Virtual Machines so as to use it in Windows 7
Astro-Office 2002 and Kundli 2009 are the applications which are running normally in Virtual XP but are not been shown in Windows 7.
Looking forward for some solution from your side...

radhesh,
I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Windows XP virtulazation tool in Windows7; there is a great resource on microsoft.com/springboard under the "what's new in windows 7" section. I would also suggest that you visit Team Individualism : Windows 7 – XP Mode , and http://www.winsupersite.com/ to read more on XP-Mode, it is the intent of XP-Mode to be ran side by side with Windows 7, so that the user never really feels as thought the XP based program is operating outiside of Windows 7. If you have anyother question, or if you need some other support let us know.

Glen@microsoft-springboard

I have gone through the Sites u have mention and then had installed Ms Office 2003 Professional which is showing in Windows 7 Start Menu and it is also running in Windows 7 though its installed in Virtual XP.....but my problem still persists as the programs named "Astro-Office 2002" and "Kundli 2009" which are still not shown in Start Menu although which are running fine in the same Virtual Xp....

Through this i have my personal view that Virtual XP Mode only runs Microsoft Applications and not any other apps.......Is this true????
If Yes then i think it would only be benifical to Developers and not to Common Man like me.........

I have installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100(32 Bit) and using XP Mode(download from Microsoft) for running some XP Applications.....
I m having problem using XP mode as Applications installed in Virtual XP is not been shown in Windows 7
i meant that should show the Virtual XP Apps in Windows 7 Start Menu under Virtual Machines so as to use it in Windows 7
Astro-Office 2002 and Kundli 2009 are the applications which are running normally in Virtual XP but are not been shown in Windows 7.
Looking forward for some solution from your side...
Create a shortcut to the application in '%allusersprofile%\start menu' in the xp virtual machine. Restart the xp virtual machine. The application should appear in windows 7 start menu.

Back