Windows 7 Catalyst 10.12 bringing revamped interface, OpenGL 4.1 support

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
AMD will later today be releasing a preview version of the the Catalyst 10.12 driver which features some major updates, the biggest one being the reworked Catalyst Control Centre which is resizable, has built-in search, and two views (Basic and Advanced) providing easier access to settings.
Beside a significant facelift (which is available to Windows Vista/7 users), the new driver makes for simpler Catalyst software updates, with AMD promising weekly Catalyst Application Profile (CAP) releases to boost performance in games/apps, and includes support for the latest OpenGL update, version 4.1.
The Catalyst 10.12 preview will be made available for testing purposes so users are advised to provide AMD with feedback on the changes.

Ref: Catalyst 10.12 bringing revamped interface, OpenGL 4.1 support | TechConnect Magazine

Can't wait either, Catalyst 10.11 seem's to make my HD5770 a little buggy. Maybe after X-mas I can get a better card.

What does eveyone think? Personally I think a refresh is always nice but it seems this is mainly what this is... Not much new really..

My Catalyst 10.12, with all the new features + morphological enabled:

To enable Morphological Antialiasing for ATI 5000 series, use the reg tweak I posted for the previous version:

(don't forget to use Driver Sweeper each time between the reinstalls)

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]
"MLF_NA"="0"
"SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA"="0"
"TFQ_NA"="0"

Save it as MLAA.reg, click to run and apply. Don't forget to reboot for the changes to take effect.

Link Removed due to 404 Error - tested on Catalyst 10.12, 10.11, 10.10. Will most likely work on future versions as well.

Enjoy! :-bd

I had trouble until I turned off the CPU section. As I'm overclocked I don't run any cool n quiet as it messes with the overclock. Unfortunately the CCC tried to impliment just such a feature leading to blue screens. Turning it off was the key..

Last edited:
Ok, I see. I was hoping though we would do some bsod analysis for ya. ; )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desktop color adjustment has always been there, but now it looks like a brand new feature. Besides that I like the video converter, I tried and it took me 4 seconds to convert a raw 140 Mb video to the final 12 Mb MPEG 2 format. Which is faster than a 3rd party converter without ATI/NVIDIA acceleration. L o L

L-)

AMD Video.PNG

funny thing about the video transcoder is that it barely uses the GPU to work, yet get very quick results... guess a lot of the gain is using the GPU ram which is much faster etc, just wish it had more features to make clips too

Back
Top Bottom