Change Hard disk for window server 2008R2

lqq889

I have a HP ML350 G6 window server 2008 R2, 6 x 300G Hard disk in Array 5, due to lack of space, I going to change to 6 x 3T Hard disk in Array 5, I want to ask how to copy the OS into the new hard disk, thanks.

The easiest would be to clone the OS "drive" to a backup drive then just remove the raid and disks and clone the image to the new raid. You may need to expand the partition(s) after. I don't believe you and permanently remove disks from a raid 5 without the raid having to be recreated.

Thanks for your reply, can you please show me how to do this. By the way the old Raid 5 is in MBR, while the new Raid 5 is in GPT, thanks in advance.

I got try before: using ghost to clone the OS into the external back up disk, shut down the server, remove the old hard disk, put in the new hard disk, create a new Raid 5 then partition the new hard disk into two, one for OS and one for Data, use ghost software in PE to restore back the OS into OS partition, restart after completed. But the problem is it won’t boots. Please help.

Back