Windows 7 Change Screen Size Virtually

Joojo

Hello All,

I am having a DELL Inspiron 530 Desktop with DELL SE198WFP monitor. There are a few dead pixels on the sides of the monitor screen ............ So, was wondering - Is there a way to change the screen size virtually i.e. define the screen size in Windows to be used for display while excluding the Dead pixels on the sides. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Running - Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit
Monitor - DELL SE198WFP (Analog)

If there is any other information that I may have missed ....... just ask for it.

Regards,
Joojo.

No, nothing you can really do about dead pixels. It's a hardware issue that you can not fix with software !

This article is about stuck pixels, I have no experience with the methods in that article and don't know if they will help...

OTT

No, nothing you can really do about dead pixels. It's a hardware issue that you can not fix with software !

This article is about stuck pixels, I have no experience with the methods in that article and don't know if they will help...

OTT
Thnxx a lot for your reply ...........
anyhow, it seems you didn't understand the question properly .......... all I asked for is to be able to decrease the screen size virtually ........

Yes and No. It will depend if the graphics driver config tool allows for custom aspect ratios. Here is the intel graphics. It allows me to change the ratio, but only on my external monitor.
259bk9e.png

Yes and No. It will depend if the graphics driver config tool allows for custom aspect ratios. Here is the intel graphics. It allows me to change the ratio, but only on my external monitor.
259bk9e.png
Thnxx a lot for your reply ............ but it seems there is no such option available while I open the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator properties for Intel G31/G33 Graphics chipset

Thnxx a lot for your reply ...........
anyhow, it seems you didn't understand the question properly .......... all I asked for is to be able to decrease the screen size virtually ........
You want black bars on the sides ??? :confused:

Change the screen resolution see this article, try all resolutions you maybe get lucky...

OTT

I think he want's to do it because he has dead pixels on the sides. You could always replace the monitor for a reasonable amount. I see a bunch on amazon for around $80. LG and Samsung are really good. Asus too I've had my Asus monitor for about 7 years now and it works great.

I think he want's to do it because he has dead pixels on the sides. You could always replace the monitor for a reasonable amount. I see a bunch on amazon for around $80. LG and Samsung are really good. Asus too I've had my Asus monitor for about 7 years now and it works great.
Thnxx for the advise ........ but currently don't wanna buy a new monitor ..........

Back