Windows 10 Check your settings immediately

brkkab

Excellent Member
Check your setting on your pc immediately if you installed the updates for Windows 10 Tuesday. A lot of my pc's settings changed, as Tuesday's update gave us a new version of Windows 10.
Setting's it changed on my pc: Power Plan got switched from High Performance to Balanced.
Privacy/Background Apps that run in background- Numerous I had disabled (off), got switched to Enabled (Always On).

That is default Microsoft behavier when you don't sync your account settings (i.e, tell Microsoft every thing about you) all settings are reset to whatever Microsoft wants as part of any system upgrade.

Any thing synced should carry over yes.

For example I like single click and my time zone is Sydney… those settings are the default on any computer I sign into using my Microsoft id when first installing a Microsoft product but I don’t allow my location so sometimes I’ll be listed as London or some other silly place {not to suggest Londoners are in any way retarded}.

Your privacy settings such as 'allow Microsoft to track you' or 'turn on Skydrive' are always set to their default ON value regardless of any thing Microsoft tells you… you do indeed have to disable them every time you upgrade or do a fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom