Windows 7 Checking previous Restore point in win 7

yulistana

I would to know, how many size spend by system to make restore point?
Because I usually create restore point manually before I installing every program/applications.

How to delete earlier restore point?
Thanks,

You can also reduce the size of the system restore file. The oldest onewill be deleted as the file becomes full. Go where you create the manual restore point and click on configure and you can change the size of the file with a slider. I forget the default size. In Vista it was 20% of HD and no simple way to adjust it.
Joe

I always use CCleaner to delete Restore Points. It will show you a list of Restore Points you have made and you can select which ones to delete.

I use it to clear out any Restore Points older than 5 days. The beauty is you still have some Restore Points available.

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you make a haphazard or random selection to delete though. Would it effect older restore points?

You can also reduce the size of the system restore file. The oldest onewill be deleted as the file becomes full. Go where you create the manual restore point and click on configure and you can change the size of the file with a slider. I forget the default size. In Vista it was 20% of HD and no simple way to adjust it.
Joe

Joe,
Yes, you are correct, I can modify the size of system restore and I agree that the oldest one will be deleted when the file has full.

Use "Disk Cleanup" and click on the tab "More Options" at the top and click the bottom button there.
I can't find more options when using Disk Cleanup feature, is it third party application?

I always use CCleaner to delete Restore Points. It will show you a list of Restore Points you have made and you can select which ones to delete.
I use it to clear out any Restore Points older than 5 days. The beauty is you still have some Restore Points available.
I'm not 100% sure what happens if you make a haphazard or random selection to delete though. Would it effect older restore points?
I'll keep your advice to using CCleaner, now I'll try to avoid using third party application due to I've so many application.

Back