Windows 7 Chrome & WLM

Gleed

Hello!

I have freezing issues with Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 - Build 14.0.8064.206) and Google Chrome (2.0.172.28)

Every time I open a conversation in WLM I just get a blank window and the whole program freezes for about 2-3 seconds before the real window appears and I'm able to write.

In Google Chrome I got the same freeze every time I click on a link and some other random times too, but there is some few web sites that doesn't make Chrome freeze, but I have problems with 9 of 10 sites.

I'm using Windows 7 Build 7100.

I've tried uninstalling chrome but the problem still exist on WLM and same thing when I uninstall WLM.

I've also tried fail safe mode (with network) and same problem there.

I have tried uninstalling Java and Flash player too with no success.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,0GHZ
Memory: 4,00 GB DDR2
GFX: nVidia GeForce 8800GT 1024MB

It seems like you're experiencing freezing issues with both Windows Live Messenger and Google Chrome on Windows 7 Build 7100.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these freezing problems:

### Windows Live Messenger Freezing:
1. Compatibility Mode: Try running Windows Live Messenger in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows like Windows XP or Windows Vista. Right-click on the Messenger shortcut, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab to make the changes.

2. Update Messenger: Ensure that your Windows Live Messenger is up to date or try reinstalling it from the official website to get the latest version.

3. Disable Add-ons: Disable any add-ons or plugins that might be causing conflicts. Check for any unwanted toolbars or add-ons that could be affecting Messenger's performance.

4. Check for Updates: Make sure your Windows 7 OS is fully updated, as sometimes system updates can address compatibility issues.

### Google Chrome Freezing:
1. Update Chrome: Ensure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. Updating to the latest version can often resolve freezing issues.

2. Reset Chrome Settings: Reset Chrome settings to default. Open Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced > Reset and clean up > Reset settings.

3. Check Extensions: Disable all extensions in Chrome and see if the freezing persists. If the issue resolves, re-enable the extensions one by one to identify the problematic one.

4. Clear Cache and Cookies: Clearing the browsing data in Chrome might also help resolve freezing issues. Go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.

5. Hardware Acceleration: Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome settings. Go to Settings > Advanced > System and toggle off "Use hardware acceleration when available."

### System Recommendations:
  • Ensure your system meets the minimum requirements for both applications.
  • Check for any pending Windows updates and install them.
  • Consider upgrading to a newer version of Windows as Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Try these steps and see if they help alleviate the freezing problems you're encountering with Windows Live Messenger and Google Chrome. If the issues persist, further troubleshooting may be necessary.

Back