Windows 7 Cleaning an old OS after a Win 7 install

paskal

Just a quick question. I bought an upgrade version of win 7 from Vista. I couldn't upgrade it because my old os was in english and the new one is in french, so I did a fresh install of win 7

Now, everything went well, but I always have a promprt asking if I want to start under vista or 7.

How do I clean all my old vista files and desinstall vista from my system?

It created a file called windows.old...do I simply delete this?

Doesn't seem like a good idea with an OS....

Thanks

Go into Start and find Run then type in msconfig and select Boot tab. See if there are both systems shown there. If yes check Windows 7 and reboot. It sounds like you did an upgrade instead of clean install with windows old file.
Joe

Just a quick question. I bought an upgrade version of win 7 from Vista. I couldn't upgrade it because my old os was in english and the new one is in french, so I did a fresh install of win 7

Now, everything went well, but I always have a promprt asking if I want to start under vista or 7.

How do I clean all my old vista files and desinstall vista from my system?

It created a file called windows.old...do I simply delete this?

Doesn't seem like a good idea with an OS....

Thanks

Thanks for your help!

I did an upgrade install instead of a clean, but the os seems to be working flawlessly. I even got it to recognize ATI SLI- Crossfire under windows 7.

Is it possible that my install is working?

Nonetheless, I will follow your instructions, but is there a way to delete vista old files?

thanks!

Just to be safe, it would be good if you could attach a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window. We could check you setup and make sure everything is as you believe.

Just enter diskmgmt.msc in the start menu search box and hit enter.

Just to be safe, it would be good if you could attach a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window. We could check you setup and make sure everything is as you believe.

Just enter diskmgmt.msc in the start menu search box and hit enter.

Thanks for the tip, but it says "no object found when I type that"

any other means to get it?

thanks!

It is in Control Panel, System and Security, Administrative Tools, Create and Format hard disk partitions.

I am not sure it is in all versions of Win 7.....

Back
Top Bottom