Windows 7 Command & Conquer Free

Wow!! This is a great find Kemical!! Thanks for the info.. :) Much appreciated! All classic games too.. Must download when I get home tonight.. :)

It's quite nice to see a games dev' give something back....

Yea it's good to get freebies, I noticed they say this is the same patched version as bundled in the C&C Decade collection.

Awesome...great classic games. Back when I did more PC gaming I played the C&C games a lot!

So at least it works.. That's great. I'm just about to download them for a friend and hoped they'd run alright... Thanks man.

So at least it works.. That's great. I'm just about to download them for a friend and hoped they'd run alright... Thanks man.

No Problem, just a word of caution, it need to be installed in the default path for the reg file that comes with it to work for multiplayer, unless you fancy editing the the reg file that is. Also to play in your native resolution simply edit the file in install folder called SUN.INI (Tib Sun) and modify the following section to your chosen res or suffer the 800x600 mode you will lol;

[Video]
ScreenWidth=1680
ScreenHeight=1050
StretchMovies=yes

I had myself a decent stab at the C&C4 beta last night, after the early negative impressions I'm finding there is some nice things in there after all..... all was going well until I read in the news that C&C4 is to have NO LAN!!! WTF!!!! that's basically put it on the same pile as Aliens vs Predator 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, CODMW2, Bioshock 2 as games NEVER to buy until they restore the features such as LAN and DEDICATED SERVERS. I've never had good experiences using servers such as steams for multiplayer...just look at Warhammer DOW2, when I rushed out to buy that I had no idea they had took out LAN mode and replaced with a terrible online matching service that dumps noobs vs pros despite having rated games....GRRRrrr Ever since then I have actively boycotted games that force this concept to PC games, it should stay on Consoles where it belongs.

Seriously if I want to play my mates I'll have to swallow the crap the DEVS are stating as good reasons not to have the long time PC features we've all come to love, and play them over often their buggy lagfest servers that crap out connections at peak times..... which is not worth all the hassle. It might be fine for countries other than the UK where they have decent broadband speeds and super low pings, but here in blighty broadband is 5 years behind the rest of the world where the average speed is a pissy 4mb connection (I feel lucky that I get 10mb but that's not the point, my mates don't).

I've even started a Facebook group to raise people's awareness of this new trend which is designed purely to damage the PC communities and force everyone into the limited console concept.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=358035966717

Last edited:
Sorry if this question is dumb? But will these games work with windows 7. I could only see xp info.

Sorry . So the game isnt written for Win 7. Wont bother you again..

Cam,
what Highwayman said in his post was that to get the game to run you'll have to use the 'compatibility mode' for Win 98.. If your unsure how to do this let us know and we'll sort you right out. :)

Thats ok , My laptop wouldn`t run it anyway i dont think. I have one of them on board graphics setups. (Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
based on PCI-Express Technology ).....Thanks for your help.

Hmm... not sure as I don't really know too much about that particular set up but if it's pretty recent I bet it would run it.. You could always try and see...

Hmm i might have to download and see. Now don`t laugh but i bought this laptop from Aldi 12 months ago. Its been great and i havent tried any games on it but i might try and see what happens. these are the specs. Mind you nothing like your F18 Jet Fighter lol.

Intel® Pentium® processor T3400
(2.16 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
with new Media Center user interface,
incl. Service Pack 1 (Recovery DVD included in the box)16" widescreen display with HD resolution in 16:9 format
(1366 x 768 pixels)Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
based on PCI-Express Technology
3 GB DDR2 SDRAM memory
250 GB hard drive
Integrated WLAN

Judging from this review of your graphics chip I think you'll be ok:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Make sure you read the comments at the bottom as this has a list of games playable. Obviously modern games are out of the question but older games should be no problem (depending on the game of course)

Back
Top Bottom