Windows 10 Committed memory grows up and Windows crashes

Makri71

Hello!

After Windows 10 Creators Update my machine started to grow up committed memory and crash when it's high enough.

I would be very pleased if would get any info how to fix this. Thinking to go back to Windows 7.
Lots_of_committed_memory.JPG

Best Regards

Mauri

Hi,
have you changed your Pagefile at all? If you have try changing the settings to 'System managed'.

Please post the size of your pagefile.

Did the system actually blue screen?

If it did then you might have the related dump files located in the windows folder. Look for a folder marked Minidump.

If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Thanks a lot for answering my question!

Pagefile setting was System managed, but after machine started to restart itself when committed memory was high I modified manually pagefile max to 64GB.

System restarted. Once it started flickering screen after giving error of low memory and needed to force restart.
Critical_events_20170601.JPG

Here it warns first of low memory and then reboots
low_memory_20170601.JPG

Minidumps are on, but folder C:\Windows\Minidump is empty.

There are lot's of this kind of error in Event Log.
Lots_of_errors_20170601.JPG

Best Regards

Mauri

Hi Mauri,
your pagefile might be corrupted in which case you need to turn it off, reboot and then set to the recommended amount in both boxes.

Make sure that any unwanted programs you don't use anymore are uninstalled.

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Did all these and unistalled all Skype apps and now committed memory stays in control, machine running several days and committed memory under 10GB.

Very many thanks for good advices, kemical!

Mauri

Did all these and unistalled all Skype apps and now committed memory stays in control, machine running several days and committed memory under 10GB.

Very many thanks for good advices, kemical!

Mauri
Hey that's great to hear Mauri! I did wonder how you got on and well, now I know :)

Thank you for the update and if issues return pop back and we'll take a look.

All the best
Ross

Back