Windows 7 Comodo Firewall problem

-null-

Honorable Member
I ran Comodo Firewall on the Win 7 beta with no problems however it doesn't seem to work on the RC.

It seems to install correctly however it doesn't run on startup and after running manually the firewall doesn't work. I tried running diagnostics as suggested and problems are found (it doesn't mention what these are) but it can't seem to fix the problems.

Has anyone managed to get Comodo working on the RC.

I ran Comodo Firewall on the Win 7 beta with no problems however it doesn't seem to work on the RC.

It seems to install correctly however it doesn't run on startup and after running manually the firewall doesn't work. I tried running diagnostics as suggested and problems are found (it doesn't mention what these are) but it can't seem to fix the problems.

It is better to use the built in windows firewall or a free Kaspersky Internet Sucurity suit = free for the life of windows 7 Beta . Till such time has Comodo get out something windows 7 friendly :)

I tried using Kaspersky but found I couldn't use my PC for 5 minutes without Kaspersky dieing and taking the OS with it.

Well i have tried both comodo and kaspersky internet security suits, and theyre both good in my oppinion. The trick (at least for me) to get comodo working was to run the installer in compatibility-mode for win vista, otherwise the firewall wouldnt start after install. Hope this helps.

I couldn't get Comodo 64 bit to install in the RC. I even tried the previous version that I installed on the Beta. I tried compatibility mode without any luck. On the VM Workstation I got the free 64 bit Outpost firewall to install. I haven't tried on my actual PC yet.
Joe

I'm also a Comodo Internet Security user and experienced the same issue with the firewall. But don't worry because Comodo is releasing the new 3.9 version of CIS tomorrow which will be compatible with Windows 7.

Source: Windows7 installation
and 3.9 release date

So until tomorrow I'm using the built-in Windows 7 firewall (and Avast! which works fine btw).

I'm also a Comodo Internet Security user and experienced the same issue with the firewall. But don't worry because Comodo is releasing the new 3.9 version of CIS tomorrow which will be compatible with Windows 7.

Source: Windows7 installation
and 3.9 release date

So until tomorrow I'm using the built-in Windows 7 firewall (and Avast! which works fine btw).

Hey good news thanks :) I have used Comodo b4 windows 7 and a fine security system it is . Stopped using it because of the windows 7 issue . Now a new day dawns .

What does RC stand for.

Release Candidate it came out after the beta as a general public release. It was approaching the finished level then.
Joe

Back