Windows 10 Comparing 2 Desktop Models with windows 10

Newbietowindows

I have always used Macs and now want a simple desktop for office related tasks like spreadsheets, printing documents and music.

Here are the two options

Lenovo - IdeaCentre A340-22IGM 21.5" Touch-Screen All-In-One - Intel Pentium Silver - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Lenovo® IdeaCentre™ 520 F0DN001NUS All-In-One PC, 23.8" Screen, AMD Ryzen 3, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive,

Please help me differentiate between the 2, which screen is sharper, which processor is stronger, and which will last longer. All I can tell is 1 has a CD burner and the other does not.

The AMD one is the more powerful CPU wise and also has the larger screen and twice the ram of the other. IMHO anything less than 8GB just isn't enough for a modern machine running windows 10.

Spend the extra few bucks and upgrade it to an SSD yourself if your capable, tons of bang for your buck as SSD's are super cheap right now. Where pre-configured might add $200 or more to your cost you can nab a decent brand 1TB SSD for around $100 these days. Will make that All in One operate two to three times faster, no joke.

Back
Top Bottom