Windows 7 Compro VideoMate TV Tuner

vc4u

Hi

anyone got any idea on how to make Compro Videomate TV Tuner work in Windows 7 x64?

PCI version. yes I went to there site but i could not find anything that is Windows 7 helpful for me :(

Try looking in Device manager and see if there are any entries marked with a yellow flag and let me know what section they are under.

Screenshot link: 2009-05-13_1334

Windows have the Drivers automatically installed correctly, but Neither Windows Media Center catches the channels nor ChrisTV.

Check Device Manager

I have the same problem. On my 64 bit Windows 7 Version, when I check Device Manager I see VideoMate TV Capture is installed, but VideoMate TV Tuner is nowhere to be found. In order for my Compro VideoMate Ultra to run, I'm sure BOTH those lines need to be present. So far I haven't found a driver that works for me either. The latest Vista 32/64 bit driver that Compro offers at Compro Technology Global_Home didn't help. Neither didthe windows XP version :mad:

Same problem

I'm having the same problem on win 7 32bit. Once worked, but after one restart the driver was set back. I don't know what i did, but after reinstalling the device, it worked. I've tried manual selection for the driver, even forced it to accept XP driver, and the problem still persists. I'm having a 7600GT video card, when the tuner worked, windows updated the nvidia driver to a new one. I think there's the problem.

specs:

ASUS P5B-VM
Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz
8 GB OCZ DDR2
Windows 7 x64 RC

And I did a clean install.

Tech Specs

Sorry... I forgot,

GA P965-S3 V3.3
INTEL CORE2DUO E6750 2.6 GHz
KINGMAX 4Gb @ 667MHz
XFX 7600GT
Windows 7 32bit

And it was an upgrade to windows Vista 32bit...

This might help?

The following technique may help installing a Compro TV tuner. This technique has given me sound, and I had picture for a slight moment just before the Auto Scan initiated. As of now however, I have sound, but no picture. One thing I have noticed, in the screen that sets Brightness, Saturation, etc, these settings are all grayed out and set to 0.
In a previous post I suggested that 2 devices were required to be listed in the Device Manager. This is apparantly not the case in Windows 7. I only see one Device listed (VideoMate TV Capture)
Anyway I'll be interested in finding out if this helps anyone.
Be sure you have downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit Vista drivers from Compro. The files I downloaded were ComproDTV_42823.exe and VMHybrid-136600.exe.
After installing these two files...
Right click on Computer and then choose Properties/Device Manager (upper left corner). Scroll down and double click on Sound Video and Game Controlers, double click on VideoMate TV Capture (or whatever it is called in your system).
Click on Driver/Update Driver.../Browse my computer.../Let me pick from a list...
Uncheck Show compatible hardware
Go up one line to Compro Tech (not Compro Technology Inc.)
Play around with the drivers in that list and hopefully one of them will work.
Good Luck

I did that, but after i restarted the computer the drivers went back to the original ones. And i saw that the geeforce driver updated itself trough windows automatic updates. i'll try to roll back the video card driver and play around with the compro drivers.

Hi all, I'm having the same problem, sound but no video (win7 RC 32bit)

have tried:
vista drivers
vista driver in compat mode
unpack vista driver .exe to install from device manager, (but I cant - because there's no .inf in the .exe)
xp drivers
run compro dtv in compat mode

I'm a bit stumped here.. but fingers crossed ay?

Sound...but no picture...

still having problems with the driver. :( installed again and again the application and the driver and the only thing that i have obtained was the sound...unfortunatelly no picture.

Just a note to all posters who are having problems.

We need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Three choices
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. Look under the Components section.
2. Download |MG| SIW (System Info) 2009.5.12
3. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

My SysInfo.txt file attached. And I've updated my Profile. Please have a look.

WORKED ... WORKED ... :) ... I got it worked with Chris-TV 5.30 Professional. I just updated drivers of my Compro Card with the technique mentioned above using Manually Picking Drivers.

I've attached the screenshot for the Selection I made in drivers List. And the Capture Device name changed as per the selection I made for Drivers Installation.

Also, please note that I've got Compro Videomate TV Gold Plus 2 PCI card.

THANKS, THANKS a lot guys ... :) .. you all been a great help, I've never seen a Forum dedicated this much active to support issues .. keep up the good work, and let me know if Anyone needs more Info. :razz:

vc4u,

That's excellect!!

I didn't even think about loking there for a device.:rolleyes:

You now may have helped many people on the forum with that one.:)

Back
Top Bottom