Windows 7 Compro VideoMate TV Tuner

Warning!

HTML:
I got it worked with Chris-TV 5.30 Professional. I just updated drivers of my Compro Card with the technique mentioned above using Manually Picking Drivers. 

I've attached the screenshot for the Selection I made in drivers List. And the Capture Device name changed as per the selection I made for Drivers Installation.

Also, please note that I've got Compro Videomate TV Gold Plus 2 PCI card.
I also have a Compro Videomate TV Gold Plus 2 PCI card so I was eager to try something:razz:

WARNING!

I installed Chris-TV lite. Now my windows are locking up. Looks like I will have to reinstall Windows 7. :(
I tried uninstalling all programs and drivers having to do with my TV board. Each uninstall also locked up my system, so I imagine that even though they no longer show up in my Program list, they probably did not uninstall correctly.

Glad to hear it has worked for vc4u. Maybe I should have tried the Professional version.

Scott,

When I want to uninstall a program and totally get rid of all leftover files and registry entries, i use a program called RevoUninstaller.

It runs the program regular uninstaller, then continues on to locate those left behind entries.

You can download it here:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I finally received a response from Compro regarding the VideoMate TV board. I am enclosing their reply but the meaning is clear. We are on our own for now. :(

HTML:
Dear customer,

Thanks for  your feedback.

Sorry, Windows 7 is not supported currently.
We  appreciate your suggestion and will forward your excellent input to
the  relevant department.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any  further questions.

Sincerely,

Victor Chiu
Support  Engineer/Technical Dept.
COMPRO Technology, Inc.
3F. No. 12, Alley 6, Lane  45, Pao Shin Road Hsin Tien City, Taipei, Taiwan
Tel. +886 2 29180169
Fax.  +886 2 29152389

Last edited:
Although that's not good news, but a smart idea on your part.

If others would email the company directly, they would get an instant answer, well if it's a reputable company.

Sad...

Tried everything...and nothing....the only thing that got to work was the sound. I don't get it....i even set up drivers mannualy, there were 3 kinds of drivers...dating 2007, 02/2008 and 09/2008...we are in may 2009 and still no additional driver. I also sent an e-mail to customer support....but still waiting.
If you find out something, let me know.

Best Regards,
Claudiu

Guys, any updates? I can't afford to buy a new TV card at this moment and for a pre-released version of windwoes. Please come up with a hack or something that make videomate TV series card to work on this os. 10x.

Have you tried setting drivers manually as done here?:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/5539-compro-videomate-tv-tuner-2.html#post27187

This is post in page 2 of this thread. I got this working on widnows 7 x64 edition, both in ChrisTV as well as Windows Media Center .. though the reception was way better in ChrisTV ...

yup, manually installed the driver as given in the post, installed chris tv 5.3 pro and still unable to receive any signal except the black screen with sound.

You SHOULD check that Brightness value in ChrisTV is not Automatically Set to 0 .... this Could be the reason that u r seeing Black Screen, it is common issue with ChrisTV that is sometimes defaults value to 0 in Brigtness ....

- Varun

Hey, I'm glad a solution has been found for this... but I'm still not happy. I badly want to use Windows Media Center for my TV needs. The idea of having one program for all my media needs is amazing, especially seeing as I have a lovely sleek Media Center remote. Any chance of getting this to work?

I get sound in WMC, but the picture consists of a few sparse bars of static at the bottom...

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Additionally:

Was there a driver update for your video card from Windows Update?
The exact make and model of your motherboard and video card would help.

Hey. You can check my specs now.
The TV card's model is the Vista T500F.
I'm not aware of any Windows Update for my video card - but I believe my NVIDIA drivers are up to date.
Hope this helps.

Nice Car.

EDIT: I'm downloading the drivers released on the 6th of this month now.

Last edited:
You SHOULD check that Brightness value in ChrisTV is not Automatically Set to 0 .... this Could be the reason that u r seeing Black Screen, it is common issue with ChrisTV that is sometimes defaults value to 0 in Brigtness ....

- Varun

Hey, thanks that tip helped a bit. As said I found the brightness value set to 0 not just for comprodtv but for all PVR softwares(chris tv, intervideo windvr, etc.) I guess compro really need to update their two year old drivers atleast now to resolve this issue. Having said that I can't invest any value in softwares like chris tv rather than which I'd go for new haupage card itself.

I must say the compro people are poor coders that their softs always seems to have problems with no proper fixes which is pretty much clear from softs like windvr released in year 2000 still working enough good on win 7.

Worked with Chris TV

I adjusted the brightnes for Chris TV menu and now it works, but it has such a poor quality. anyway..it's better than nothing.
Keep me updated...

I adjusted the brightnes for Chris TV menu and now it works, but it has such a poor quality. anyway..it's better than nothing.
Keep me updated...

for better quality use De-interlace filter for ChrisTV .. chris tv website has the link to download one.

Greets everyone, let me dig out this topic again.

I happened to buy Compro T750F tuner and - guess what - it does not work under Win7 64bit RC1. I've tried everything you described here, but nothing works at all. I've chosen the driver manually, installed most recent version of DTV4 app from Compro's site - still no image in TV programs, only black display. I am also unable to tune the brightness, becasue in all PVR programs I manage to run on my system it's greyed out. :/ I even tried to find the settings in the registry and enter them manually - no luck. Older drivers do not work at all - DTV3 crashes and locks up constantly.

Is there anything else I could try, aside from reverting back to Windows XP and/or buying Vista? I know that it worked for some of you, maybe I just missed something... Obvious? :O

Yea i got similar issues with my Compro E700 PCIE DVB-T, emailed compro and got similar message, thing was on mine the hardware installed fine but the software for the media tuner crashes out....so will try that other tuner app you mentioned and report back tomorrow.

Yea i got similar issues with my Compro E700 PCIE DVB-T, emailed compro and got similar message, thing was on mine the hardware installed fine but the software for the media tuner crashes out....so will try that other tuner app you mentioned and report back tomorrow.

I wouldn't hold your breath.. I have the same tv card and emailed support months ago. Zero reply. Tried their own forums, no luck either.

Back