Windows 11 Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.

WareNetwork2000

Hey. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, my computer has been getting multiple bluescreens every day and so far, I've found absolutely no way to fix this. Most of them are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe" and even after running the minidumps through a debugger, some of them don't tell me the process that caused the bluescreen. They just say that "System" is the process that caused the bluescreen. I've attached some dump files for you to look at.

I've looked all though the internet for a fix and I've found absolutely nothing. Can you please help me fix this?

Hi,

after going through the dumps I could see that a couple of drivers popped up like ICUE.exe and Nvidia gpu driver.

Update drivers as required.

I could also see your bios is old:

BIOS Version 1005
BIOS Release Date 08/01/2019

I think at least one dump file relates to this and the current version stands at:

Version 4204
2022/03/07 20.52 MBytes
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) BIOS 4204

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|ASUS Global

System scans:

Right click on the start icon and from the revealed list choose Windows terminal (admin):

Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same Windows Terminal box and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

Please attach any new dump files

Excellent detailed post from kemical. The thought occurs to me, however, with those faults (particularly the bios date) what model is your computer? Is it possible that it is a little out of date to run Windows 11 successfully .

Excellent detailed post from kemical. The thought occurs to me, however, with those faults (particularly the bios date) what model is your computer? Is it possible that it is a little out of date to run Windows 11 successfully .
Should be fine @davehc. The mobo is fully Win 11 compatible and one of the bios updates confirms:

Version 4005
2021/08/05 20.44 MBytes
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) BIOS 4005
Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.

Should be fine @davehc. The mobo is fully Win 11 compatible and one of the bios updates confirms:

Version 4005
2021/08/05 20.44 MBytes
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) BIOS 4005
Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.
:up:

Hi,

after going through the dumps I could see that a couple of drivers popped up like ICUE.exe and Nvidia gpu driver.

Update drivers as required.

I could also see your bios is old:

BIOS Version 1005
BIOS Release Date 08/01/2019

I think at least one dump file relates to this and the current version stands at:

Version 4204
2022/03/07 20.52 MBytes
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) BIOS 4204

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|ASUS Global

System scans:

Right click on the start icon and from the revealed list choose Windows terminal (admin):

Type:
sfc /scannow

Please attach any new dump files
I have updated my iCUE drivers and my NVidia drivers. I've also ran the two commands that you gave me in an elevated command prompt session. I'll give you an update in the near future to tell you if that solves my problem or not. By the way, here are the latest minidumps on my computer.

Thanks for telling me to update my bios. After that, the amount of bluescreens that I've had have been greatly reduced. So far, I've only had one bluescreen over the past few days. Here is the minidump for that bluescreen.

Dumps like this are usually caused by drivers but I can't see which is the culprit.

If the bsod doesn't occur again I'd simply try running these scans again just on the safe side:

System scans:

Type:
sfc /scannow

Also, you mentioned that this is an upgrade install of Windows 11.

I'd consider performing a clean install at some point as it can make a difference.

Hopefully your issues should be resolved although if it does bsod again can you please post the dump as well as any details like when it happened, either random or when you were doing something in particular.

Hopefully your issues should be resolved although if it does bsod again can you please post the dump as well as any details like when it happened, either random or when you were doing something in particular.
I post the minidumps from any bluescreens that I do get in the future just in case my computer's bluescreen problem doesn't fully go away.

Back