Windows 11 Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.

The actual dump DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is usually caused by out of date or corrupt drivers and I cannot see anything else named as the cause.
It might be USB related but thats all.

Are you using a VPN or similar?

Last edited:
The actual dump DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is usually caused by out of date or corrupt drivers and I cannot see anything else named as the cause.
It might be USB related but thats all.

Are you using a VPN or similar?
I do not use a VPN. However, I occasionally use Psiphon. Anyway, I got another bluescreen, last night, which was caused by the Epic Games Launcher. I've decided to disable it on startup. Here is the minidump for that bluescreen.

I do not use a VPN. However, I occasionally use Psiphon. Anyway, I got another bluescreen, last night, which was caused by the Epic Games Launcher.
Yup I see it, something that personally i'd remove.

Also you may want to consider a clean install.
The upgrade process has been much improved, especially with Win 11 but nothing beats a fresh clean install. Upgrading can feel 'buggy', slow and often have things missing.

I initially upgraded to Windows 11 but when chatting with a friend, who had clean installed, we noticed differences between mine and his. I had sections missing of which a clean install put right.
Make sure you grab all your drivers first and it just makes the process easier.

Yup I see it, something that personally i'd remove.

Also you may want to consider a clean install.
The upgrade process has been much improved, especially with Win 11 but nothing beats a fresh clean install. Upgrading can feel 'buggy', slow and often have things missing.

I initially upgraded to Windows 11 but when chatting with a friend, who had clean installed, we noticed differences between mine and his. I had sections missing of which a clean install put right.
Make sure you grab all your drivers first and it just makes the process easier.
I'm not gonna reformat my computer since I have lots of files and programs on there and I don't have the money to buy any backup equipment. I think that the problem is that some programs that are installed on my computer are incompatible with my computer. Whenever I get a bluescreen caused by one of those programs, I'll either uninstall it or disable it on startup.

Ok, no worries.

Post any new dumps and we'll take a look.

Just a word to the wise, those scans I asked you to run above regarding scannow, if you run them about once a month it will keep windows healthier for longer.

Now, I've gotten my second bluescreen, today. This is the first time after updating my computer's BIOS that I got more than one bluescreen in one day. It was another IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen. Here is the minidump for it.

So when are the blue screens occurring?

On start up, doing something in particular or are they completely random?

I would view any third party apps with suspicion and make sure everything your using is the latest version.

So when are the blue screens occurring?

On start up, doing something in particular or are they completely random?

I would view any third party apps with suspicion and make sure everything your using is the latest version.
They both happened at random and even after trying to diagnose them. I still can't find out what caused those two bluescreens.

Going through the dumps I may be mistaken but one thing i did notice is that your RAM is currently running at 2133MHz.

Have you tried enabling xmp or D.O.C.P. to get the faster RAM speed? Some motherboards prefer this set..

The actual bsod's ( IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ) is usually driver related although nothing is noted in the dumps themselves.

Going through your drivers it appears that your chipset drivers is old? Latest version is here, please uninstall the old one first:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Going through the dumps I may be mistaken but one thing i did notice is that your RAM is currently running at 2133MHz.

Have you tried enabling xmp or D.O.C.P. to get the faster RAM speed? Some motherboards prefer this set..

The actual bsod's ( IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ) is usually driver related although nothing is noted in the dumps themselves.

Going through your drivers it appears that your chipset drivers is old? Latest version is here, please uninstall the old one first:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570
If I continue to get bluescreens, I'll try enabling XMP/DOCP and reinstalling my chipset drivers.

I got another bluescreen and here is the minidump for it. Now, I've decided to enable DOCP, uninstall my old chipset drivers, and install the new chipset drivers.

Do you use the Asus apps you have installed?

If not uninstall them, dump is blaming Asus Armoury crate.

I guess if you get anymore dumps which are the same you could try installing the latest versions unless you've already tried that?

Sorry. I meant to ask you what application caused that bluescreen. Not what driver.
As he already said: "The dump is blaming Netwtw08.sys which is an Intel WiFi driver"

Is that not answer enough?
(There might be other apps involded as well.. )

I got another bluescreen on my computer. It was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION that was caused by netio.sys. Here is the minidump for that bluescreen.

I got another bluescreen on my computer. It was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION that was caused by netio.sys. Here is the minidump for that bluescreen.
It's usually linked to network so try reinstalling the network driver as well as running the scans I posted above especially the DISM part.

Did you make any changes to the system?

It's usually linked to network so try reinstalling the network driver as well as running the scans I posted above especially the DISM part.

Did you make any changes to the system?
I deleted a file called "AddInProcess.exe" and after I got that bluescreen, I ran "sfc /scannow" and it restored that file.

Back
Top Bottom