Windows 7 Computer slows down whenever connected to the Internet

jlens16

Ever since i upgraded my pc from Windows 7 Premium 32 bit to 64 bit, whenever i connect my internet cable to my pc, it slows down considerably. My pc is a Intel Core E8200 dual core CPU, 4 GB ram and 150 GB free space. When i play NBA 2K15 for example w/out being connected to the internet, its runs smoothly. But when it is connected to the internet, it is super laggy. Any ideas why?

When you upgraded from 32 to 64 bit....did you re-download all your hardware drivers from your PC manufacturer support/downloads web page? Specifically check for a BIOS update, Chipset driver and LAN/Wifi driver.

When you upgraded from 32 to 64 bit....did you re-download all your hardware drivers from your PC manufacturer support/downloads web page? Specifically check for a BIOS update, Chipset driver and LAN/Wifi driver.
a have done that but im not completely sure if i did that for all drivers. i will double check soon and will reply asap. thanks!

Are you sure you upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit....the reason I ask is; it has to bee a clean install to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. You just can't upgrade as it where.

TE="bassfisher6522, post: 627954, member: 18188"]Are you sure you upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit....the reason I ask is; it has to bee a clean install to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. You just can't upgrade as it where.[/QUOTE]
All I did was back up all my files, then put it in my windows 64 bit disc and finally upgraded 64 bit and reinstalled/upgraded my drivers, video card, etc. Did I do it right?

Look in your C drive for a windows.old folder...did you boot from the 64 bit DVD? How long ago did you do this?

If it was not to long ago, I would back up my data again to an external drive and then re-do the install, making sure It was a clean install. In order to do this you have to change the boot order and have it boot from the DVD. Then choose custom install which will formatt and wipe the drive of all data (hence the term clean install).

Look in your C drive for a windows.old folder...did you boot from the 64 bit DVD? How long ago did you do this?

If it was not to long ago, I would back up my data again to an external drive and then re-do the install, making sure It was a clean install. In order to do this you have to change the boot order and have it boot from the DVD. Then choose custom install which will formatt and wipe the drive of all data (hence the term clean install).

Yes thats exactly what i did. And i updated all my drivers. What is wrong? And thanks btw for the help!

That takes care of the upgrade confusion....

Did you reinstall your chipset driver and see if there was a BIOS update?

Have you updated your BIOS's?

What's the make/model of this PC/laptop?
yes i have updated the BIOS and nothing changes, here are my specs specs.png

Back