Windows 7 Configure Win+Space to show Vista's Sidebar

ImGeo

Since I want the sidebar to appear and stay at front when accessed, I installed Windows Vista's sidebar onto Windows 7. However, when I press Win+Space (used to bring-to-front Vista's sidebar in Vista, or to temporarily show the sidebar in 7), the Vista's sidebar is not toggled. Rather, it just shows the desktop.

Is it possible to remap the keyboard shortcuts so that when I press Win+Space, Vista's sidebar is shown - just like what happens in Vista? I do have a Windows Vista computer, and if you can tell me where to look, I can go copy the keyboard settings.

Solution
Remapping the keyboard shortcuts in Windows can be a bit tricky, especially between different versions like Windows Vista and Windows 7. However, it might be possible to achieve what you're looking for with a bit of customization. To remap keyboard shortcuts in Windows, you typically need to modify the registry entries related to those shortcuts. You can create or modify registry keys to remap the Win+Space key combination to trigger the Vista sidebar instead of showing the desktop. Here's a general overview of the steps you can take to attempt this customization: 1. Backup Registry: Before making any changes to the registry, it's crucial to back it up. This way, you can restore the original settings if something goes wrong. 2...
Remapping the keyboard shortcuts in Windows can be a bit tricky, especially between different versions like Windows Vista and Windows 7. However, it might be possible to achieve what you're looking for with a bit of customization. To remap keyboard shortcuts in Windows, you typically need to modify the registry entries related to those shortcuts. You can create or modify registry keys to remap the Win+Space key combination to trigger the Vista sidebar instead of showing the desktop. Here's a general overview of the steps you can take to attempt this customization: 1. Backup Registry: Before making any changes to the registry, it's crucial to back it up. This way, you can restore the original settings if something goes wrong. 2. Identify the Vista Sidebar Shortcut in Windows Vista: - On your Windows Vista computer, locate the shortcut or settings that define the Win+Space key combination behavior for the sidebar. - Check for any specific registry keys or settings related to this shortcut that you can replicate on Windows 7. 3. Modify Registry in Windows 7: - On your Windows 7 computer, open the Registry Editor by pressing Win+R, typing "regedit," and hitting Enter. - Navigate to the appropriate registry keys (where the keyboard shortcuts are defined) and make the necessary changes to remap Win+Space to activate the Vista sidebar. 4. Testing: - After making the changes, restart your computer to apply the new settings. - Test the Win+Space key combination to see if it now triggers the Vista sidebar. Please note that modifying the registry can have unintended consequences if done incorrectly, so proceed with caution and ensure you have a backup before making any changes. If you need more specific guidance on which registry keys to modify or how to replicate the Vista sidebar behavior on Windows 7, let me know. Additionally, if you'd like, I can look into the specific registry keys related to this shortcut in Windows Vista for you. Just let me know if you'd like me to proceed with that.

Solution