Windows 7 Constant BSOD Errors. Basically When I Do Anything.

legend86

Hi all. The title of the thread says it all. I've been having BSOD errors basically everyday since I built this computer. Whether I'm playin WOW or workin on some music in Fruity Loops or just on the internet. Actually just had 2 today which is why I registered earlier for this forum, Haha.

I think the problem may be my Windows 7. It's a legit copy. I guess something got screwed up during install or something. But I just need a second opinion from you guys. I've zipped the minidump files and attached them to this post. I'm so tired of this crap. It started out every now and then, but I get at least 1 if not more of these a day now.

Thanks in advance! If anyone needs anymore info about my CPU, please let me know.

EDIT: Sorry guys. The zip should be full now.

Attachments

• Dump Files.rar
    658.1 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
You need to update this old troublesome driver:

Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004
To do so, go to your motherboard webpage at the following link. Download section, choose
Windows 7 32-bit, then utilities section. Download and install the latest ATK0110 installer.

http://usa.asus.com/

-----------

Remove the notorious Daemon Tools in the normal method. Then use the installer/uninstaller found at the following link to remove the notorious sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO as a replacement. It's free and will never crash Windows 7:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

----------

Not very old, but your video card driver has an update that is definitely necessary here:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Tue May 04 21:33:36 2010
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

--------

Fellow Cubase user (or could be for Fruity Loops), heh? If you still have problems, you'll want to uninstall this CledX software cracking driver in the normal method:

Code:
cledx    cledx.sys    Mon May 09 14:08:41 2005
------

Update your C-Media audio driver if there is a new one available:

Code:
cmudax3  cmudax3.sys  Fri May 22 03:02:59 2009
-------------

Should be good after those changes, which I'm sure you'll enjoy after all those crashes I see. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all your help. I did everything except the last 2.

Yes, I use Fruity Loops regularly. I checked my Task Manager. The cledx.sys is for a dongle for a plugin. How would I go about uninstalling that file or should I just stop the task? And would it affect the dongle? Because I loooove that particular plugin and couldn't bear to let it go.

EDIT: I guess what I could do for the time being is kill it until I'm actually using it. Sometimes I forget that it's constantly up.

And I checked for an update to the audio driver. But couldn't find one. My soundcard is a Turtle Beach Montego DDL. And when I run it in Fruity, I use ASIO4ALL. I also try to use it for a little gaming on the side too. But it's defaulted to the regular computer out. So when I use Fruity, or load up a game (which by default, both load up to the stock card), I switch audio devices from the stock card to the Montego. Would that back & forth cause any problems?

Last edited:
My guess is that you'll be find from this point on.

If not, you'll have to uninstall the CledX driver in the same way you would uninstall any normal software program. It is a rarity that drivers are shown in the uninstall list, but this is an exception. All I can say is that if you find this driver to be the cause of further issues, then you'd have to pay for the software legitimately so that cracked dongle in not needed. (You would get a physical dongle to place in an open USB port instead.) 2005 is ancient for a driver under Windows 7. For that reason only, it could be an issue...never mind it is made by a cracking group as well.

If for some reason you can't find it, uninstall it using the device manager.

Don't worry about the audio driver for now then.

Good luck and please keep us updated on how things are going.

Also got advice from someone else to check my RAM. They told me to boot up and run this Memory Test from this website:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Came with alot of errors. Don't know if you know much about this, but I'll attach a table that I typed up of what I saw and a .html file about my computer generated by CPUID so you know what I'm workin with. It will be in a .rar

Attachments

• Error Report.docx
    11 KB · Views: 441
  • ADAM-PC.rar
    15.3 KB · Views: 200
If you have had memory errors, then set the bios manually for the ram (timings, voltage and frequency). You can use CPU-Z to see which exact RAM you have. Then visit the manufacturer's site for correct settings.

If there is any overclocking going on, set to default.

Then re-test memory. If errors happen, exchange the memory for new, from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Actually I did have some overclocking. My friend overclocked my 4-Core AMD CPU from a 3.0GHz to 3.3GHz. It was running at:

CPU Ratio: 15.50x
FSB Frequency: 215
PCIE Frequency: 100

CPU Voltage: 1.3875
CPU/NB Voltage: Auto
DRAM Voltage: 2.100V

Timings: 5-7-7-20

DRAM Frequencies was set to 573Mhz but I changed it to Auto before running MemTest on stick 1. (Dropped timings back to default 5-5-5-15)

I have ran the first MemTest on the first 2GB stick (inserted into DIMM_A1) and it came back with no errors in 15 passes.

I found out how to return the BIOS back to default settings after the first MemTest so everything (RAM & CPU) is now set to run at AUTO.

I just now need to test the second 2GB stick. Even though it passed the test (under overclocked settings), do you think I should re-test the first stick also now that I have returned the BIOS to default?

If it helps, I have attached some images of CPUz for my RAM, CPU, and Motherboard. FYI, I just finished a MemTest so I only have ONE stick inserted into DIMM_A1

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• SPD Snip.JPG
    SPD Snip.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Memory Snip.JPG
    Memory Snip.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 367
  • CPU Snip.JPG
    CPU Snip.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Mainboard Snip.JPG
    Mainboard Snip.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
In the interest of pure simplicity and being absolutely sure about root cause of things:

1) Set bios to optimized default values then save.

2) Enter the voltage and timings manually that you've found necessary for your exact modules.

3) Boot to Windows and use the machine as if it has never had a single problem. Hope for the best.

4) If a crash happens, post the dump. We can then remove any suspect driver.

5) If crashes still happen, then proceed to Memtest again, one stick at a time.

Hopefully, the goal is to stop at step 3 and be done. But nothing is perfect heh heh.

Back