Windows 7 Constant BSOD while gaming BC code 124 hall.dll driver

I think my mobo can handle up to 1600 max.. I'll try later and see the changes.. I'll post any important info

So far no more BSOD's since the last time.

The only change I did was to make a clean install of my GPU drivers and I didn't activate XPm on the bios.. I was waiting for a BSOD but so far I've had 0.

If you want I can upload my info again so you can check what's different since the last time. If not I'll keep testing and any news I'll post right away.

Thanks for everything and I hope my BSOD's are gonne forever now

I probably wouldn't find anything but do post if anything does happen. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.. :)

So I had to post something and I get a BSOD right away.. same as always.. playing FF XIV ARR again.. error BC Code 124

Now I'm really sad.. I tought that this was a fixed problem

Sorry for all the trouble.. I just don't know how to fix this

PS: I guess now I'll have to try to increase the voltage of the CPU.. and also the XPM thing on the BIOS?

Attachments

• W7F_26-01-2014.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800a72d028, be000000, 100110a}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner

Hey,
don't worry it's not an issue, that's why we are here.. :) I've been thinking that although it say's hardware error genuine Intel, this may not be the processor itself but some other chip like network.

e1d62x64.sys Thu May 30 16:54:37 2013: Please update this driver. It's an Intel LAN driver and I've a hunch it might be causing the issues. You can update it from the actual gigabyte site as I checked and the version they have is older:
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4519#driver

I see you still have Rivatuner or whatever installed. Have you considered using Speedfan to control your fans? I use it and it's a very handy app:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

I'll try that soon.. any important info I'll post it right away.

I have an issue with my Internet connection.. I don't know if it's related to all this BSOD's but I always lose my connection for a few seconds after 2 or 3 hours.. this happens all the time. I don't know if this has to do anything with the BSOD's but it happens all the time.

Other thing that I see in my Event Viewer I see errors in Service Control Manager related to Inteliwin filter.

Also I see a warning before the crash yesterday the origin is "Wininit"

Details:

+ System
- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
[ Guid] {206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}
EventID 11
Version 0
Level 3
Task 0
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x4000000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-01-27T02:23:25.762837300Z
EventRecordID 108504
Correlation
- Execution

[ ProcessID] 744
[ ThreadID] 776
Channel System
Computer Elysium-PC
- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
StringCount
String C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll
String C:\PROGRA~3\INTELE~1\INTELE~2.DLL

I hope this info can help

Thanks in advance

I posted the above driver which is a Network/LAN driver. This will hopefully help on your internet issues, see if that helps any and then we'll move on to the next thing.

I posted the above driver which is a Network/LAN driver. This will hopefully help on your internet issues, see if that helps any and then we'll move on to the next thing.

I just Installed the latest driver for LAN.. but I remember doing it the last time when I updated everything. But we will see if this time the BSOD's goes away.

I'll post any important info

BSOD again.. this time playing FIFA 14 ( this game uses like 1% of the power from my pc )

I'm running out of ideas.. just checked the BIOS and my CPU was at 1.113 - 1.118v.. on Windows now CPU Z says that my Cpu is always at 3.9 Mhz

Any ideas?

A couple of months ago I used a Software that came included in my Motherboard DVD. It's called EazyTune or EasyBoost and I used it for Overclocking from 3.5 to 3.7. I really don't remember if after this my computer started to have problems.. I do remember that the first 2 or 3 months I never had a problem.

I'll format my computer today or maybe tomorrow.. but that program Overclocked my pc in Windows.. I remember I got my 1st BSOD using that program.. after that I uninstalled it and reseted my Bios back to default settings.

Could all this be related to that program?

I will have to format my computer maybe.. is Windows Home Premium good? I've used Windows Ultimate since always

That program and overclocking can lead to bsod and if you haven't re-installled before I'd definitely try as files can easily become corrupt. You need to perform a clean install which means booting from the actual install DVD/USB stick. As for whether Home Premium is better than Ultimate, personally I'd go for Ultimate.

That program and overclocking can lead to bsod and if you haven't re-installled before I'd definitely try as files can easily become corrupt. You need to perform a clean install which means booting from the actual install DVD/USB stick. As for whether Home Premium is better than Ultimate, personally I'd go for Ultimate.

Can I repair Windows without formating? Just to try.. if not I can format today or maybe tomorrow

I still see my CPU with the max turbo frequency enabled all the time. This is not normal because If I'm idle the cpu should go into low consumption mode.. but now it's only 1.111 - 1.118 volts and 3.9 Mhz almost all the time.

Edit: I see the voltage moving all the time.. from 1.065 up to 1.118v.. maybe if I set the voltage manually this will prevent this fluctuations.. maybe at some point the cpu goes down in voltage while gaming and then I get the BSOD.. what voltage coul be recommended if right now? .. the max I see is 1.118v when I'm at 3.9 Mhz

Edit2: Also I never see the Cpu go to 3.5 Mhz when Idle.. the cpu speed is always 3.691,19 Mhz with 1.065v. Could be a solution to set my frequency and voltage manually so it won't change like this all the time? .. Also CPU ID reports that my lowest voltage was 0.74v

Last edited:
Personally I'd leave the settings on default for now and go down the re-install route. After everything that's happened you really need that clean install.

I didn't do a Clean install because I did it wrong.. for some reason the installation kept my old programs in a folder named Windows.old but reinstalled Windows entirely.

I've tested this afternoon and so far is working fine.. also I see now a normal behavior from my CPU.. when I'm Idle it goes to 800 Mhz and 0.708 volts. And during gameplay it goes up to 3.9 and 1.118 volts max. That's working better now.. as I told you before my frequecy was changing to much and never went down from 3.691 Mhz before the reinstallation.

I hope this not so clean install can help me.. if the problems persist I'll do a full Clean install this time.

I'll keep posting any new info

Thanks in advance

Promising news. To get rid of the windows.old file run the Disk clean app but run the advanced version which you first have to set up like this:
Open and start an admin cmd prompt. Type:
cleanmgr/sageset:1
Press enter and the disk clean box will appear but with many more check boxes. Tick them and click ok. Now it's set up you need to run it.
Again with an admin cmp prompt, type:
cleanmgr/sagerun:1
Press enter and it will cycle. Whenever you want it to run just type the last command.

Promising news. To get rid of the windows.old file run the Disk clean app but run the advanced version which you first have to set up like this:
Open and start an admin cmd prompt. Type:
cleanmgr/sageset:1
Press enter and the disk clean box will appear but with many more check boxes. Tick them and click ok. Now it's set up you need to run it.
Again with an admin cmp prompt, type:
cleanmgr/sagerun:1
Press enter and it will cycle. Whenever you want it to run just type the last command.

I'm still testing.. I also have most of my programs so that's good for me.. I think that now with the Cpu working like it should be maybe I won't have problems now.

I haven't updated the Motherboard software yet.. only Windows updates

I'll post any important news

I'm here again. After the reinstallation of Windows I had two weeks of joy.. but 2 days ago I had the same Bsod BC Code 124 hall.dll crash.

I'm updating a few things since the last Bsod and testing.. if I get another one I'll post the info as always.

I was starting to believe that it was fixed now.. but it's not

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
As I recall you didnt actually do a clean install. Maybe its now worth a try?

Back