Windows 7 Constant Monitor Flicker. Would a cold room be the culprit.

RingAnimated

I always try to keep my room cold in the summer (i am a winter person). But ive noticed my monitor flicker is worse then and not as bad other times. Is blasting AC the problem?

I have a NVIDIA 550 Ti 1GB card with monitors hooked up through VGA to DVI adapters. Asking a YouTube Computer Master (i will not say geek, cause i am also decent with computers) named BetaFlux who said the new RAM i installed could be pushing my PSU's limit (and MemTest86+ Bootable found 660 errors in 11 hours).

Please respond, im starting to get headaches from this annoying bull****.

And i know it's not a problem with the monitor, because i have 2 both flickering at the exact same rate.

Hmm... I doubt new RAM would push a PSU over but still we live and learn... Can you post your system spec including PSU and I'll have a look see.

You might find this website useful: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

im pretty sure my power supply is at 120v

500GB HDD
NVIDIA 550 Ti
AMD Athlon II x4 630 2.8 GHz
LG Super-Multi DVD-R drive
8 GB RAM

All connected to an MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 MoBo

And it seems it had gone away when the temp got higher in my room. But now its back though i just started up.

Hmm..120v doesn't sound right.. If you open the case and look on the side of the PSU you should be able to see a sticker stating it's spec. Look for something like 250-300W+.

Perhaps you have a loose connection somewhere? I'm thinking that when it's cold it perhaps doesn't fit together perfectly but once warmed up and expanded slightly the fit is perfect? Try checking all connections and fittings.

That would make alot of sense being as it only flickers when cold and at startup, which is a normal thing, and the OSD never flickers.

Yep reconnected them completely a few times. Right now it is 78 in here and they are not flickering. Im turning them off till tomarrow where they will flicker for about an hour when first turned on lol.

That's a good idea. Tomorrow when it's flickering I'd check each connection in turn and see if pushing any of the connectors together changes anything.

i got it in winter and we have heating, so it wasn't too bad. It always sis this on startup i believe, though every lcd ive ever had has always done that.

what about contacting the manufacturer? Perhaps they might shed some light. If you post the name and maker of the monitor I'll see what I can track down web wise.

1. HP S2031 (replaced power-cord to a LineTek from the original Foxxconn junker that turned off every time i moved it) Man-Jul 2010
2. Ganz ZM-L115H (generic) Man-Feb 2003

Back
Top Bottom