Windows 10 Constantly finding FOUND.XXX folders in root directory

HyperSonic1

Winver 1903

Hi,
I have a relatively new computer system with a Crucial MX500 SSD (1 TB)

The problem that I am having is that folders that are named Found.xxx (where xxx is numerically sequenced) and are constantly created in the root drive of C

The folders are always empty. initially, the folders are protected and I can't access them. I have to go into Security and add my account and provide permissions for me to open the folder and even then, there are either no contents or I still cannot see the contents. I would say on average, one or two are created every day. Once a week I delete them to keep the list from growing too large.

If there are any .CHK files in any of the folders, I have not yet been able to see them. So it appears the folders are created, but no CHK files are ever created in the folders (again, unless they are hidden from my view somehow)

SMART does not detect any issues with the drive and it is designated as HEALTHY.

I am not encountering any known file system problems. Everything seems to be fine except that these files are created constantly.

I have Windows configured to SHOW Hidden Files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Solution
They're created and used by chkdsk. Normally you should keep system files hidden. You don't need or typically want to mess with system hidden files.
They're created and used by chkdsk. Normally you should keep system files hidden. You don't need or typically want to mess with system hidden files.

Solution