Windows 7 copy and paste

sunshinerose51

new to windows 7..will not let me copy and paste or cut and paste from folder to folder...not even drag and drop...what am I doing wrong??
:frown:

hi and welcome

what are you trying to copy from and where to?

what error messages are coming up if any?

is there a no entry sign for the cursor??

can you expand a little on the steps please

hi...I had some music files and was trying to move them all to the same folder..I right clicked hit copy then went to the folder and right clicked again and paste never highlighted so would not let me paste...also tried select all then tried to drag and drop still no luck...I then tried to send them to a flash drive where I could move them on there...would not let me nothing came up to say why just nothing happened.I hope I explained it a bit better and thank you for ur response.:)
Kay

Hi will mke it quick as I'm at work on my.phone

Go to start , type
Services.msc look for clipbook i think its called
Right.click .I think its properties n then make sure the option. To start is on automatic. Yours could be on manual

Try looking in MSconfig, startup tab and temporarily UNtick any programs which could be associated with files and their management.

Msconfig is to configure startup programs. Copy and paste are a service so I doubt msconfig would change anything

WOW. I didnt know that - lol.
It is often third party programs which cause the OPs problem

He may even have to uninstall them, rather than just disable.

Last edited:
Some files may be too large for the clipboard, which is what you are actually doing with that procedure. If you can't drag and drop now, perhaps a partial copy operation was performed and the file is in limbo.

Can you copy and paste text from one notepad document to another?

hes moving files from folder to folder, i have moved GB's from folder to folder withouyt error

Back
Top Bottom