Copying (Backup) data files to an external drive.

Chucktin

I have several external drives attached to my Desktop machine. One has Genealogy files, one is for Backups, another is for archiving Photography.
When I work on the Genealogical files I like to bring an entire family folder onto the desktop, enter the current research and then have it copied back to the external in- whole, ie not "Backed-Up" (my backups are done by a stand-alone utility).
Is there a utility that will copy to entire folder back to the external as is? And semi-auto-magicaly so I'm not constantly saying "Yes"to over writing the data?

When your computer is low on disk space, you can quickly free up space on your hard drive by moving data files to an external drive. External drives are available in a variety of sizes, and they are easy to use.

To copy data files to an external drive, connect the drive to your computer. Then open Windows Explorer and locate the data files that you want to move. Drag the files from the original location to the new location on the external drive.

When you're done moving files, disconnect the external drive from your computer. Be sure to safely eject the drive before disconnecting it. Now you can take the external drive with you wherever you go, and have instant access to your data files.

Back