Windows 7 Core I5 430M

julio99

Please clue me in so I know what I have. My laptop is an Acer 8943g with a Intel Core I5 430M Proccessor with 4gb RAM and 1gb Video Memory. Where I'm confused is at the i5processor. I thought it was a dual core, but when I view a couple of different prgrams they say that the Core i5 is a single physical core. Then I hear that the i5 is either a dual core or quad core?? I know about the Hyper threading, but why would they call something dual core if it only has one, or is one broke on my machine and it's just not showing? Please try and explain this to me so I understand if something is working or if it's just labelled strange. I've enclosed a snip of info that I took from SIW on my i5.

Core i5.PNG

Re: [langtitle=pt]Re: Core I5 430M[/langtitle]

I am only showing 1 core. Look at the little snip I've enclosed. Why is it only showing 1 core. Same with Core Temp. It also only shows 1 core. Would this machine work with 1 down?

Core 2.PNG

That is because your two cores which support hyper-threading is all packaged in one physical processor.

Edit:

Ahh I see what you are referring to. Wait and I'll get back to you. :)

Edit2:

Try CPU-Z and see if it gives you a different result.

Last edited:

Also youcores.jpg can got into Task Manager it should show the number of cores there. This is mine with 4 cores.

All is good now. I must have changed the settings somehow in MSCONFIG Boot Tab, Advanced Options / how many cores am I using and I had one checked. It may have changed when I changed Power Optios to Balanced from High Performance.

Back