Windows 7 Corrupt Disk Error

corrupt.disk

I've Installed Windows 7 on my computer starting from build 6218 to the latest leaked build 7229.

They have all run into corrupt disk errors they look like this
25r1lio.jpg

Someone advised that the entire disk was corrupt including the other partition, so i revamped my HDD and reinstalled everything. Still didn't work.

any ideas?:confused:

i revamped my HDD

Could you please explain what you mean by that?

And what is chrome.exe?

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

@reghakr

by revamp i mean, I backed up all my stuff and reformatted my entire HDD. Then Installed Windows Vista (my main OS) back on.

chrome.exe is Google Chrome Browser

im in windows vista right now so i cant tell you about yellow flags but i can tell you:

my computer is an HP dv2945se equipped with a Western Digital Drive, Model #: WD3200BEVT

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.00 GHz
HDD: 320 GB Western Digitial
RAM: 4 GB

I tried to install a 32-bit version of Windows 7
It happened immediately after install.
All I installed were drivers for basic functionallity.

I've Installed Windows 7 on my computer starting from build 6218 to the latest leaked build 7229.

25r1lio.jpg

Someone advised that the entire disk was corrupt including the other partition, so i revamped my HDD and reinstalled everything. Still didn't work.

Since you've had this problem with more than one install, have you done a simple chkdsk with a surface scan to check the integrity of your hard drive?

If your disk is truly corrupt, reformatting will do no help.

If you only get this message with Chrome, then uninstall it or igone, or turn off the message center.;)

Or download the latest one which is patched.

If you computer is running fine except for this one problem, I think you're wasting you time with diagnostics.

Google Inc. has plugged a security vulnerability in its Chrome browser that the company considers critical. The latest Chrome release -- version 2.0.172.33 -- fixes an issue that could let a malicious hacker carry out a buffer overflow attack, Google said Monday in an official blog. If successful, the attack could allow the hacker to crash the browser and run code on a compromised machine with the privileges of the logged-on user. … Google plans to provide more details
about the vulnerability once a majority of Chrome users have patched their browsers.

http://windows7forums.com/water-cooler/7952-google-fixes-critical-security-hole-chrome.html

25r1lio.jpg

I had this problem too, drove me mad. I installed 3 times on one HDD and even installed on a different HDD, still became corrupted and seemed to boot up constantly with chkdsk having to fix stuff. What was causing the problem for me, and I don't know why, was preformating my hard drive before installing Windows 7 using a third party partition manager in my case Acronis. In the end I deleted my partition I was installing into and then ran setup and let Windows 7 install into the unallocated partition space which was left behind from deleting the partition. During the setup I pointed the installation to the unallocated space and it installed itself there without any questions, Windows 7 did all the partition creation and formatting itself. It's been fine ever since. Hair is just starting to grow back as well!
Hope it works for you.

My PC also have the same problem, I m using HP tx2028au and have windows vista home prime, with recovery partation,
I want to install windows 7 so i use third party software, Acronic disk.. to create 1 more volume from drive C and then install windows 7. And then got error disk corrupt, NTFS file sytem error..

maybe you need to do the full format instead of the quick one if disk is truly corrupted.
Joe

Back