Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 10 Sfc scannow keeps finding corrupt files and "fixing" them + DISM error 3017

LeonovAndre

So last night I started having some issues with programs crashing out of the blue and the sort. Normally I'd just format my pc and reinstall windows 10 since I have a specific partition for the OS but I decided to try and fix it without formatting. I set chkdsk /r to run when I next started the PC and went to bed. So today after the chkdsk finished I ran sfc /scannow and got the message it found corrupt files and fixed them. Okay, so I reboot the PC and run it again.... and get the same thing. And again and again. So I tried running DISM. Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth found no store corruption but /scanhealth and /restorehealth come up with error 3017 "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made". I think it's also worth mentioning that they always seem to stop at the same percentage; 97.4% for /scanhealth and 60.2 for /restorehealth. Finally, I ran dxdiag but it found no errors. And I don't know what to do. Can someone help me? I've attached the CBS and DISM logs (I had to convert them into .txt, I hope they still work fine) and I've also selected everything in the command prompt screen and pasted into a .txt file.

Attachments

• command prompt.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 219
  • CBS.txt
    7.9 MB · Views: 235
  • DISM.txt
    743.3 KB · Views: 215
I would test the drive and memory. Chances are there are problems on one or the other.

Take a look at Hiren Boot disc it has a number of tools for testing disks generally called a DFT test or smart test and Mem86+ is a long running tool to test for memory issues also available in Hiren.

Take a look at Hiren Boot disc it has a number of tools for testing disks generally called a DFT test or smart test and Mem86+ is a long running tool to test for memory issues also available in Hiren.
I downloaded it, but my PC has no disc reader. I tried putting it into a USB stick but I didn't work. Any other suggestions? :/

Back