Windows 10 Sfc scannow keeps finding corrupt files and "fixing" them + DISM error 3017

LeonovAndre

So last night I started having some issues with programs crashing out of the blue and the sort. Normally I'd just format my pc and reinstall windows 10 since I have a specific partition for the OS but I decided to try and fix it without formatting. I set chkdsk /r to run when I next started the PC and went to bed. So today after the chkdsk finished I ran sfc /scannow and got the message it found corrupt files and fixed them. Okay, so I reboot the PC and run it again.... and get the same thing. And again and again. So I tried running DISM. Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth found no store corruption but /scanhealth and /restorehealth come up with error 3017 "The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made". I think it's also worth mentioning that they always seem to stop at the same percentage; 97.4% for /scanhealth and 60.2 for /restorehealth. Finally, I ran dxdiag but it found no errors. And I don't know what to do. Can someone help me? I've attached the CBS and DISM logs (I had to convert them into .txt, I hope they still work fine) and I've also selected everything in the command prompt screen and pasted into a .txt file.

Attachments

• command prompt.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 219
  • CBS.txt
    7.9 MB · Views: 235
  • DISM.txt
    743.3 KB · Views: 215
I would test the drive and memory. Chances are there are problems on one or the other.

Take a look at Hiren Boot disc it has a number of tools for testing disks generally called a DFT test or smart test and Mem86+ is a long running tool to test for memory issues also available in Hiren.

Take a look at Hiren Boot disc it has a number of tools for testing disks generally called a DFT test or smart test and Mem86+ is a long running tool to test for memory issues also available in Hiren.
I downloaded it, but my PC has no disc reader. I tried putting it into a USB stick but I didn't work. Any other suggestions? :/

Back