Windows 8 Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling System.

RyanBaskett

Hey there guys, [email protected] here,
I have a few questions about installing the above listed Liquid Cooling System. I am about to install this in my PC for the first time and have never used a liquid cooling system before. Some of the following questions may seem a little hair-brained but bear with me:

When we apply the cooler, do we apply a heat sink on top of it or just the water cooler?
Does the water cooler get applied directly to the top of the processor?
Is thermal paste required between the water cooler and the top of the processor?
How does the water cooler attach to the processor, is it screwed in/snapped in etc?
If we buy a Corsair H100i does it come with coolant and the pipes for the coolant, ore are those something we buy separately?

Thank you for your patience with me and please check out my site and LIKE it to follow my progress!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/PCDesignerRyan

1. No...the radiator replaces the heatsink.
2. Yes.
3. Yes..although some come with it pre-applied.
4. the water block...that the part that attaches to the cpu...mounts just like a heatsink/fan air cooler does.
5. That unit (H100i) is a self contained unit...it's a closed loop specifically designed for the CPU and only the CPU.

Check out youtube for videos on the H100i and see how it's installed....you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to install.

Back
Top Bottom