Windows 7 Countdown to PDC: Tips for Exploring Seattle

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
If you’re one of the lucky people who registered early and will attend the PDC in Redmond, we hope you’ll
have a chance to venture out beyond the Microsoft campus. Last week, Jeannine shared her tips on things to see in Redmond and the Eastside. This week,Amy (Event Marketing Owner, and @PDCEvent tweeter) represents for
the Westsiiiiiide! Watch this week’s show to get Amy’s picks for exploring Seattle.

SHOW NOTES:

• In 2007, a nine-acre industrial site along Seattle’s Elliott Bay was transformed into theOlympic
    Sculpture Park
    . This is one of my favorite places to chill in Seattle. In addition to the people-friendlypark
    and sculpture art
    , there are unobstructed views of the ferries, cruise and cargo ships coming and going in Puget Sound. Getmore information on hours of operation and what’s currently on view at the Park.
  • The Burke-Gilman / Sammamish River Regional Trail System (RTS) is a paved, urban trail used by cyclists and runners that follows a historic railroad route through the city of Seattle to Redmond and places beyond. In total, the BG + SR trail spans approximately 30 miles (view the map by choosing the trail names on the right). The entire trail is great, but the areas along the shores of Lake Washington andGas Works Park are my favorite. You can join the trail atMarymoor Park, less than 1 mile from the Microsoft campus.
  • If you like live music (indie, hip-hop, punk, rockabilly…) or film (festival, foreign, independent, limited release…) you’ve come to the right city! Seattle is full of music venues and typically gets early release on films, too. VisitThe Stranger, for music, film and performance show times and reviews. KEXP also has a goodclub calendar with music recommendations.
  • Although the eastside certainly has some good, upscale restaurants (Café Juanita,El Gaucho, John Howie Steak…), Seattle is where the real foodie action is! Visit the Seattle Met site to search for restaurants and reviews. Recently, I’ve enjoyed meals at Mistral Kitchen, Tavolata andBastille. Pike Street Fish Fry is on my list to try.
A little bit of Seattle trivia.

njs.gif

More...

Back