Windows 7 CPU fan control

HAYMAN

Please let me know where in Windows 7 I need to go to adjust the CPU fan speed? The NZXT Sentry 2 touch screen fan control adjusts the other fans but doesn't work on the CPU fan.

My wife has to wear ear muffs to work on this computer because of the sound from this fan and that's mighty ridiculous and inconvenient. It’s really important that I get this problem fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Following are my system stats:

Intel [email protected] GHZ
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

Xion HP-1216B Heatpipe CPU fan
16 GB Kingston DDR-3
2-500GB HD raid 1
Corsair 60 GB SSD
NVIDIA GTX 560 2 GB
NZXT Sentry 2 fan control
Corsair Gold AX750 Power Supply
Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Well, I've been @ this (IT) for a while & thought I knew Windows 7 pretty well, even passed my exam for it but, a setting in 7 to control fan spd is a new one on me. If, the CPU cooling fan is making a big noise the blades are either hitting against something or the bearing is shot & the thing needs to be replaced w/ a new 1 not, have it's speed changed... if, one can even do that.

Drew

Hi HAYMAN and Welcome to The Forum.

I too, have a noisy (to me) CPU fan when running full belt. Even at a very moderate 2k rpm. Apart from checking what Drew mentioned (fan fault) I also know of no native to 7 method of controlling the fan speed.

I do however use Speedfan, cuts my fans "base" speed from 2k rpm to a very ear friendly 860rpm at idle. OK. Speedfan needs a bit of setting up initially but once sorted (so you know what fan is what etc.) just copy and export the 3 cfg files found in the Programs folder of Speedfan, then when you need to do a re-install etc., instant settings!

I even found a nice Link Removed due to 404 Error to go with it.

Last edited:
Back