Windows 7 Cpu fan running fast!!!

ynnad777

Hello Everyone,

I need some help. I dont know if this is a Nivedia driver problem or a Windows 7 problem. It didnt happen until I got the driver update from Windows update. So I have windows 7 and when I am in the operating Sysytem it makes my cpu fan run up and down in speeds Fast and slow Fast and Slow. Looking at my Task manager it has no need to be doing it. The CPU is only working from 5 to 20% so I dont understand why it is running my fan so hard. oh and I am on a laptop. Please help me

Dan

Dan ,
You dod not say what virsion you were using 32 bit or 64 bit.
In 64 bit you will use all Vista 64 bit drivers from Nvidia . You need to do this with all video drivers as well.
I am using the 185.20 Vista 64 bit and the 15.xx M/B drivers as well and am having no problems.
My system is all EVGA 780i m/b, 4 gig corsair mem., 280 GTX, Intel QX-6850-Extream at 3 gig, all water cooled :rolleyes:.

In any case use all Vista drivers in either 32 bit or 64 bit:D

Thomas:cool:

I am using the 32 bit but I got the drivers that Windows installed for me in Windows Update and saw that the video one is the new one from Nivedia. I am not sure where to get a different video driver so I dont have this problem

A CPU fan running fast just means that the card is overheating a little more than normal. That typically happens when you go to more sophisticated stuff. You have to keep it cooler. I dont think that it is anything out of the ordinary but whatever.

Upgrade the bios on your laptop. I had the same issue with my M1330. There was a new bios released on 1-7-2009.

As soon as I did it the cycling of the fans went away.....it actually fix another issue at the same time....great timing huh lol

Same issue here after upgrading from Vista Home to Windows 7 on my Toshiba L300.

A bios upgrade from version 1.20 to 1.60 cured the problem for me.

edit: I'm running the 32-bit version.

Back