Create bootable usb

gianniscfa

Well-Known Member
Look the picture please, and tell me if you can which is the best settings here? cluster size, file system etc..partition scheme and target system type..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 412

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
NTFS should be fine, and MBR scheme is fine since that all computers can't handle UEFI. Rufus is a great tool, but I like creating bootable USB devices manually just for the sake of knowing how.
  • From a command prompt type diskpart this should prompt for elevated rights so accept
  • At the diskpart prompt, with your usb plugged in, type list disk this will provide of list of all of your disks starting from 0 (zero)
  • Next select your usb drive (lets say its disk 1 in this example) select disk 1
  • Next you remove any old data and meta data from the disk with clean
  • Next you need to create a partition create part primary then select it select part 1
  • Next you format the partition with a filesystem fs=<flesystem> format fs=ntfs label="My USB" the label switch is optional
  • Last you have to mark the partition as active by typing active
  • Exit diskpart by typing exit
Now you can just extract the content of the ISO and copy it to the USB and it should be bootable.
 
Last edited:

gianniscfa

Well-Known Member
i have create bootable usb from rufus with default settings, and now i using windows 8 64bit!! its perfect tool!! thanks guys!!
 

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
FYI this thread is 2 years old...
This is exactly why threads should be closed.

Me personally, when I see post being replied to that are a year or older (3yrs in some cases), I just leave them alone. 99% of the time it's just a spammer with a link to some junk software and they are dealt with. The other 1% of the time it's newbies just jumping in not realizing that the posts are 1 to 3 years old.
 

RuskinF

Member
Use Rufus or Balena Etcher.
Both are great tools to make a bootable USB drive.
Out of the Two, I would recommend you to use Rufus.
If you have the boot file stored on a drive , you can burn that to the USB drive using Rufus.


I hope this helps!
 

nbdjsn75483

New Member
i am also looking for a software to make a bootable usb for my window i am looking for a valid informative solution if someone has with no doubts and this and thats i mean a professional solution needed plz help if you know anything about it i am waiting for the reply.
 
Top