Create bootable usb

gianniscfa

Hello which program is best for create bootable usb for windows 8? not 8.1. windows 8 only.

gianniscfa

Look the picture please, and tell me if you can which is the best settings here? cluster size, file system etc..partition scheme and target system type..

Attachments

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Personally I've never used it maybe someone else knows?

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
NTFS should be fine, and MBR scheme is fine since that all computers can't handle UEFI. Rufus is a great tool, but I like creating bootable USB devices manually just for the sake of knowing how.
  • From a command prompt type diskpart this should prompt for elevated rights so accept
  • At the diskpart prompt, with your usb plugged in, type list disk this will provide of list of all of your disks starting from 0 (zero)
  • Next select your usb drive (lets say its disk 1 in this example) select disk 1
  • Next you remove any old data and meta data from the disk with clean
  • Next you need to create a partition create part primary then select it select part 1
  • Next you format the partition with a filesystem fs=<flesystem> format fs=ntfs label="My USB" the label switch is optional
  • Last you have to mark the partition as active by typing active
  • Exit diskpart by typing exit
Now you can just extract the content of the ISO and copy it to the USB and it should be bootable.

Last edited:

gianniscfa

i have create bootable usb from rufus with default settings, and now i using windows 8 64bit!! its perfect tool!! thanks guys!!

Rufus software make your USB for bootable purpose

You make usb bootable by rufus software....

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
FYI this thread is 2 years old...

FYI this thread is 2 years old...
This is exactly why threads should be closed.

Me personally, when I see post being replied to that are a year or older (3yrs in some cases), I just leave them alone. 99% of the time it's just a spammer with a link to some junk software and they are dealt with. The other 1% of the time it's newbies just jumping in not realizing that the posts are 1 to 3 years old.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.