Windows 7 Crossfire in windows 7

Tazcada

I'm a little confused....I just paired my 4870 512 in crossfire on my board....Sandra says I have 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870's as my primary adapter. Win 7 only shows 1 display adapter with no details. There are 2 instances of this card in Device manager....ATI's site says there should be 4 instances of this card in devicce manager if it's installed correctly.

I've enabled crossfire in Catalyst 9.6. How do you tell if Win 7 recognizes both cards?

I'm a little confused....I just paired my 4870 512 in crossfire on my board....Sandra says I have 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870's as my primary adapter. Win 7 only shows 1 display adapter with no details. There are 2 instances of this card in Device manager....ATI's site says there should be 4 instances of this card in devicce manager if it's installed correctly.

I've enabled crossfire in Catalyst 9.6. How do you tell if Win 7 recognizes both cards?

There should only be two instances of display adapters if you have two cards. It would only show four if you had say two 4870 X2's. Rightclick the Ati tray icon, hover over one of the 4870's and choose show CrossFire X status under CrossFire X settings. Run a game and there should be a large icon in the corner of your screen if its working. Download this too, it will give you detailed info on your GPU's GPU-Z

Heres a pic of mine. I have a 4870 X2 which is two cards in crossfire.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks for the tool and the help.... and crossfire seems to be working. Just wasn't sure how you could tell based on the (confusing) information I'd gotten through ATI

Back
Top Bottom