Windows 7 Crysis: Revisiting a PC Classic

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I truly love this game and cannot agree more with the article below....

Enjoy.

Shortly it will be exactly three years since the release of what I consider to be the last great PC exclusive - Crysis. Recently reinstalling Crysis, I expected to see that it had dated, but this wasn't the case at all. At maximum settings the game still looks better than pretty much anything else out there, packing every type of advanced visual and physics effect available. And despite it being fashionable to ridicule Crysis as just a pretty tech demo, personally I find the gameplay to be excellent. The enemy AI, the weapons, the interactivity with the game world, and of course the nanosuit, along with a whole range of small touches mean that no two playthroughs are ever the same. The few tedious moments are more than offset by the sheer atmosphere of the game, and several attack/infiltration scenarios in large open areas which you can play over and over again using any tactics and weapons you wish. Then of course there's the fact that Crysis, as befitting a true PC exclusive, is extremely customizable thanks to over 1,600 command variables, an incredibly powerful editor and thousands of user-made mods. Few games these days have these sort of credentials.

So I thought it was time to give this misunderstood and much-maligned PC classic a small tribute on its impending third birthday. I've uploaded several HD videos on YouTube at maximum visual settings:

The First Video plays through the initial portion of one of my favorite engagements against the KPA.
The Second Video provides a more general look at the atmosphere of the game's tropical island setting.
The Third Video is for people who like big explosions, briefly demonstrating a nuke mod.

As more and more people now have the hardware to truly appreciate it in all its glory, I recommend that you reinstall Crysis, or if you don't have it, grab it from a bargain bin or from Steam. Ramp up the graphics and play it on Delta difficulty and you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's hoping Crysis 2, set for release in March 2011, lives up to the Crysis name.

Ref: TweakGuides.com

Back