Windows 8 Custom Live Tiles in Windows Phone Mango.. Completely Different Experience? Help!

NewUser

Hi! I was maybe too excited about upgrading to Windows 8 because my experience with Windows Phone 7 was very positive. One aspect I loved: the live tiles. They were easy to set up from within Apps, and they were very convenient. I'm not having the same experience in Windows 8... It's a little more difficult to figure out how to set up the live tiles from specific points within Apps, and for some reason, I'm having a difficult time finding a guide on how to do it.

An example: I can put a live tile linked to either of my sisters' facebook profile on my start screen on the Windows phone. From there, it will flash updates if they, for example, post a new picture on their profile. It's nice and convenient because I don't have to sift through every other facebook notification/update on my facebook feed to get quick status updates on my family (who I live far away from).

Is that possible on Windows 8? Can you point me to a guide on how to do it? For some reason, it's not as easy to figure out this time around. :(

Hi Newuser,

If you look on your Start screen for the app 'People', open it and then click on 'Settings' from the Charms displayed when you place your cursor in the top or bottom left corner of your screen. You will see near the top of the revealed list 'Accounts'. It's here you can add your Facebook account etc with alerts appearing on the tile itself.

Back
Top Bottom