Windows 7 Customizing the start menu ala Win XP

In Win XP, I could add a folder, and move shortcuts around to my liking. Can I do that in Win 7? For example, when I installed Office, it did not offer the choice of where to put the shortcuts. I'd like to create a folder called MS Office, and move all the Office shortcuts into it.

Thanks,
Mikey

On the desk top and in any window I seem can right click my mouse, select new and choose folder. Then I name it and put into it what ever I want.

Thanks for the try, but that is not what I want. I want to be able to create entries under All Programs. Sorry for not being more specific.

To test your idea I dragged the shortcut for MS Access from All Programs onto the desktop, put it in a folder and pinned it to the Start menu. Now I can't get it back into All Programs.

I too am looking for answer to your question. I had my All Programs menu so neat in XP and everything was so easy to access. There must be a way to do it in Win 7. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I will carry on searching for the answer and if I find it I will come back and post to let you know.

Back
Top Bottom