Windows 7 cut and paste

already

Hi,

I have the following strange problem. When I cut and paste a large file (in win 7 + sp1 ultimate 64 bit)
the file is not removed from the original place. Even if I do a refresh. But after a while (sometimes 1 sometimes
10 minutes the file is removed from the original place.

Any help is welcome

Kind regards

Al

I dont think there is any issue to be fair, i just think that as its a larger file its going to take longer to move from A- B, after the file has moved try hitting f5 to refresh the page and see if its gone

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Please note that the file is fully pasted to the new location (and working)

As I mentioned in the thread I did a refresh.

I have saw that some people had the same problem when they delete a
file but it is not the case for me.

Regards

Al

Does it work about the same if you right click and select MOVE instead of the cutting and pasting? It might be related to the clipboard if you are actually cutting a file and then pasting.

No, I mean click and drag then select move instead of copy.. I will normally open two instances of explorer to move files or folders around.

Hi Again Saltgrass Thanks for your help. OK I did the move and it was possible to delete the file immediately from the original place.
But can I resolve the problem due to the clipboard as you mention. Before I didn't had the problem. Kind regards Al

I don't know enough about how exactly the cut and paste works, so I can't really give you a good answer except that I would not think about moving a file or folder in that manner.

Cut and past sounds really simple, Eh? Well it's not!
First Explorer has to Move the file to the clipboard when you click "CUT" and then it has to move it again when you click "Paste" or press the Ctrl+V keys. Explorer, never really moves the file, it only changes the pointers to that file, to a different location.

Cut and paste of a file, always seemed a little bit iffy, so I too prefer the Move command. Send to, performs a COPY and not a move.

The more that MS tries to change windows, the more that things stay the same.

:cool:

Back