Windows 10 Date of Modified Files

kabuletti

I found modified files on my home PC the day I was away from home. My computer was shut down between September 7th and 11th. After returning home, Windows started only on the third attempt. There hasn't been such a problem since installing the OS (Windows 10) a year ago. I decided to look at Event Viewer in Windows Logs. It shows that during my absence the OS did not start, but at the same time it shows the presence of files modified on September 8 in the folder of the Internet browser program. I am an ordinary PC user, not an expert. Can you please tell me if it is possible that on September 8 there was an update of the browser, which I installed on September 11 and, accordingly, the release date of the update is displayed in the program folder? Or did someone change these files on September 8th while I was away from home?

"Windows started only on the third attempt. "

My guess is that the files were modified on the Microsoft server -on that date.
When you switched on the file were downloaded and those on your machine were overwritten, but with the new (server)modified date applied

"Windows started only on the third attempt. "

My guess is that the files were modified on the Microsoft server -on that date.
When you switched on the file were downloaded and those on your machine were overwritten, but with the new (server)modified date applied
Many thanks! I wish you were right. Because I am afraid that I have become the object of interest of cybercriminals who have installed malware om my PC and are trying to steal my cryptocurrency (since Metamask and other crypto wallets are installed on this browser).

You can definitely get an update on say September 12 and the updated file has a modified date of the 8th. If that's the date the file was modified by those creating the updated file

Back