Windows 7 DDR3 On A Budget: Six 6 GB Memory Kits : Finally, 6 GB Gets Affordable

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Have DDR3 prices finally hit rock bottom? DDR3-1600 reached $30 per 2 GB module several weeks ago, making it completely competitive in price-per-performance with DDR2. Available in both dual-channel and triple-channel kits for $60 and $90, these aren't last year’s high-voltage parts, but instead completely modern 1.50-1.65 V modules, fully compatible with Core i7, Phenom II socket AM3, and future Core i5 platforms.

To read the rest of this review on DDR3 go here: DDR3 On A Budget: Six 6 GB Memory Kits : Finally, 6 GB Gets Affordable

Definately! In fact it's the one thing we can thank vista for...The glut of DDR2! It was made with the thinking that the world and his dog were going over to the RAM hungry vista and it just didn't happen... Hence all the cheap RAM that they just can't get rid of fast enough.

sadly i'm humped in that regard (buying more ram) until i get my next mobo (probably the Intel p55 chipset) as my board wont take 6-8gig without going down to 677mhz speed on the ram....shame...rather have 800mhz and 4gig for the faster throughput...even if its pretty rickety old crap by nowadays standards.

I currently have 6 gigs of Super Talent DDR 3 1600 MHz on my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and I7 920 CPU. Thai is a middle of the road Memory which is great fro everyday use. I will be upgrading to Mushkin DDR for the tighter timings.
mushkin Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998692 - Retail

I currently am overclocked to 3.66 I have had it to 4.1 but for everyday use I find 3.66 the best for me. The I7 Intel chip is really a great performer for over clocking

I bet that thing just belts along... What are you using for a graphic solution?

Nice....
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back