Windows 7 Define New Keyboard Shortcut?

There sorta are... but it requires multiple keystrokes. ALT+F4 UP ENTER DOWN DOWN ENTER or something like that.
If you are looking for a 3rd party tool, use Auto Hot Key. You can make AHK scripts for executing specific programmes, for example, shutdown.exe -s -p. Good luck! :up:

If you're at the desktop Alt + F4 will bring up the shutdown/restart menu it should be on shutdown by default so you only need to press enter after

There sorta are... but it requires multiple keystrokes. ALT+F4 UP ENTER DOWN DOWN ENTER or something like that.
If you are looking for a 3rd party tool, use Auto Hot Key. You can make AHK scripts for executing specific programmes, for example, shutdown.exe -s -p. Good luck! :up:

If you're at the desktop Alt + F4 will bring up the shutdown/restart menu it should be on shutdown by default so you only need to press enter after
Right, I knew these both; but I wanted to make it so all I had to do is something like Ctrl + Alt + Z or similar and it would force a shutdown, kinda like Ctrl + Alt + Delete, except you don't have to click anything after using the shortcut.

This is a computer, so I'm sure is some way or another to add a shortcut without any new software.

I don't know that there is a way to define new shortcuts, but you could navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Locate shutdown.exe and create a shortcut on the desktop. Open the properties of the shortcut and add -s -t 1 to the target field and assign a shortcut. That should accomplish what you want. The shortcut keys will work as long as it's on your desktop or pinned to the taskbar.

Back