Windows 10 Defining a Gmail account in Outlook 2010

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello,

When I install Office 2010 an I start Outlook for the first time i define two Gmail accounts.
Outlook defines them automatically and everything runs well.
Today I have need to define one more Gmail account.
I create the account in Gmail and in Settings I define POP.
When I start Outlook and I add the account, Outlook gives an error when Logging on to the Gmail server.
Then I try to define the account manually with the same system parameters of the one account previously defined.
When he try to Log In, he ask me a password.
Why, if in account definition I type the correct password and the same in Gmail account creation?
Why does not assume the password that I type?
If you need more information you can ask me.
Thank you for your help and best regards
José Paiva

Hi,
Who is your ISP (Internet Provider), as special settings are often required in your Outlook 2010 account setup. I've been an E-mail administrator at dozens of companies. Can you use a browser (Edge, Chrome, IE11) and go to gmail.com and login with your new, the 3rd Gmail account, and your password there? If so, then it's not an account issue or a problem with your account password. Most likely a problem with the manual settings within your Outlook 2010 program. You should look at the manual settings for your other 2 Gmail accounts, copy those done with pencil and paper or use your Cell phone camera to snap photos of each of the various settings pages. Go back into the 3rd Gmail account settings in Outlook 2010 and duplicate them on the 3rd new account. That should fix things! :up:

If it doesn't you might need to remove the other 2 Gmail accounts from Outlook 2010, and start with setting up your 3rd Gmail account as the only account in Outlook. If that doesn't work, your Outlook 2010 has a problem, and you can run the built-in repair which you can google how to do. There are also many YouTube videos that show you how to do this, as well as 3rd part Outlook repair programs which you can buy and download to correct the problem. If none of that works, you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall your Outlook 2010 from your DVD media or Internet download link. That in most cases should fix it!

Best of luck,:nerdie:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Back